Chapter 2 - Their First Meeting.

Questions kept me up all night.

What if I liked him? What if I didn't like him? What did he look like? How would he act? Just who the hell was he?

"Mandi! Get up, you lazy ass!" Was shouted in my ear by Ranvir.

"Go away!" I groaned, still half asleep.

"It's 10 in the morning, your future husband is coming!" He laughed and I kicked his leg.

"I'm not getting up."

"Fine. I'll tell dad you'll marry him straight away, you don't want to meet him first." He said, whilst he was walking away I shot straight up.

"What time were they coming again?" I asked.

"1 hour before you meet your future husband. So you better get ready." He smirked and left my room.

Ugh.

I got my phone out, to text Hazel.

To Hazelnut Hazelnut😩😩

I called her Hazelnut. I've called her that since we were about 10.

To my surprise, she replied quickly. Just like me, she slept like a baby, until afternoon sometimes.

From Hazelnut What's up?

To Hazelnut You know what I told you yesterday?

From Hazelnut Yes. Your future husband? 😏

To Hazelnut No ew. I won't marry him. Imagine if it was Yuvraj Singh. 😏😏😏 I'd steal him from you

From Hazelnut If it was the guy with the red shirt, he's friends with Yuvraj so you can get me to marry him okay ;)

To Hazelnut Yeah, right of course it's going to be him, isn't it.

I gave a sarcastic reply. I hope she didn't take that seriously. She replied with a middle finger, to which I just laughed at because when she got annoyed with me, which was quite often I must add, it was really funny.

"Mandi, get ready." Esha, Taran's wife said to me. She was standing outside of my room, leaning on the doorframe.

"I don't want to get married, Esh." I mumbled, and she came and sat down on my bed.

"I know you don't, but meet him at least?" She said and smiled. "I know it would make your mom and dad really happy." She added and I agreed.

"And maybe you'll really like him and want to get married to him anyways!" Esha winked and I groaned.

"Everyone else will be talking English together with their people and stuff and I'll just be there speaking Punjabi with him." I laughed. "Is he even Punjabi?" I asked.

"He's born in Delhi, but from a Punjabi family." She said. "But don't worry, his English is perfectly good."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"You'll find out soon." She said and got up, leaving me confused. "Just wear
something nice." She said whilst walking out of my room. I jumped out of bed, and had a relaxing shower.

After my shower, I walked up to my wardrobe, and took out some black jeans. I wore it with a black top, and a long khaki cardigan. For makeup, my mother warned me last night not to put too much on, so I just put on foundation, mascara, a little blush and perfected my eyebrows, and I left my straightened hair down.

"Mandi!" Taran shouted from downstairs. "Come down and talk to dad before your husband comes!" He laughed. I rolled my eyes, and went down the stairs.