Chapter 13 - The Match (2)

I got so many flashbacks of the match whilst writing this😭

**

"Finally, nice to meet you Mandi!" Rahane smiled.

"Hey! Nice to meet you too." I smiled back.

"Mandi!" Anil, the teams head coach approached us. He was the one who saw me at the hotel, and told me to meet Virat. "How are you?" He smiled.

"Good, good." I smiled. "Excited for tomorrow, aren't we?" I nudged Virat, making him break out with a smile.

"Totally. Guys, don't embarrass me tomorrow." He shook his head and everyone laughed.

After 15 minutes of chatting, I was eventually told I had to leave, which I fully understood. I didn't want to be in a room full of shirtless men who I hardly knew, along with Virat too. If something like that ever happened, Virat would probably shove me in the corner of the room and cover me. He's so possessive. Weirdo.

"You're gonna smash Pakistan, fuck I'm getting way too competitive, don't let me down." I chuckled.

"Good luck for the match, Kohli." I smiled, making him smirk.

"A good luck present?" He raised his eyebrow, leaned forward, and I rolled my eyes making him smirk.

Instead of kissing him on his cheek, I kissed him on his lips, shocking him. Oh well. This wasn't the first time I'd kissed him infront of his friends.

"Good luck, babe." I smirked and walked out of the room, leaving Virat standing there, not knowing what to do, and a room full of boys saying 'oooo'.

Well done, Mandi.

I made my way back to our seats, and the Pakistan team were out on the field, practising.

"Ew." I rolled my eyes, seeing them. My family burst out with laughter.

"I see with all that time you've spent with your fiancé, that even his actions are rubbing off on you." My dad chuckled.

"Dad!" I groaned. "Stop!"

"He's not lying." Hazel smirked.

"Are you still here?" I raised an eyebrow, making her hit my arm. "I saw Yuvi just." I smirked, making her even more pissed.

"Shut up and watch the game." She mumbled.

"Honey, it's not started yet."

"Where is Yuvraj Singh when I need him?" She groaned, which made me laugh.

Soon, the teams were being called out for the national anthems. As the Indian team were coming down, I kept shouting Virat's name, which clearly was embarrassing him. He shot me a dirty look, and as Yuvi was coming past, he gave Hazel a wink.

"Where was your wink of your man?" She raised her eyebrow, with a smirk.

"Okay, Hazel." I patted her shoulder, smiling sweetly, because I knew exactly when I was going to get the attention off Virat.

"Just in time!" Rits quickly sat down, with Shikhar's wife, Aesha.

We stood up for the national anthems, and straight away, I got goosebumps. We stayed standing for Pakistan's anthem, and then did a 2 minutes silence for the awful things that had been happening in England these past 2 weeks.

When that was over, the match was finally starting.

"Batting first for India, is number 25, Shikhar Dhawan, and number 45, Rohit Sharma!"