Chapter 20 - Ek Punjaban dil chura ke lai gayi.

Virat's P.O.V.

Saturday. The day had finally arrived. After a lonely few days, I was finally seeing the love of my life again.

Call me stupid, or cheesy, or dramatic. It's been a few days. But when I'm with her, she makes my heart happy. Being in her presence just lifts my mood. It can make me happy on any day. And that is why today, I will get a century. Or even a double.

"Dude, don't stress about performing amazing infront of Mandi. She'll still love you, even if you get out on 10." Yuvi chuckled.

"I know. But I want to impress her." I sighed.

"Dude! You can't do anything else other than be more of the dick you already are to impress her." Yuvi laughed and I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry about scoring high. I mean, do, but focus on India." He raised his eyebrow.

I nodded.

"Don't let her be a distraction." He pointed his index finger at me.

"Same goes to you." I said. He gave me a confused look. "Not Mandi, Einstein. Hazel."

"Oh." He said and smiled.

"Idiot." I mumbled under my breath.

After a quick confidence boosting speech from coach, I said a few words to the team and we went out on the pitch for the national anthems.

I walked down the stairs and the first person I saw was her. She was sitting in the member's area, just below the dressing rooms. I gave her a huge grin, and a wave, and she did the same back.

She was so beautiful. I couldn't wait for the day that I could call her my wife.

"Stop staring at her, bro." I heard Mahi laugh at me.

"I can't take my eyes off her." I mumbled to him.

"Mr Kohli, sir, please stand in line for the national anthem." A man said to me. I quickly nodded and stood at the front.

After the national anthems, we talked as a team, and soon, I was back in the dressing room, watching Shikhar and Rohit open for the team.

They were doing great. The only thing that worried me was the weather. It started to get a little gloomy. It might start to rain. Bloody English weather.

"I hope it doesn't rain." Yuvi mumbled to me, as if he could hear my thoughts.

"Tell me about it." I replied.

"Mandi seems to be into the game. Hazel said you've really changed her." He chuckled.

I smiled at the thought of Mandi.

"Well, she's changed me too. In a good way." I smiled at him and he rolled his eyes at my soppiness.

"Oh shit." Yuvi mumbled. I looked back to the grounds and Rohit had hit the ball high, meaning it would fall straight back down, probably into one of the fielders hands.

"Oh fuck." I mumbled and furrowed my eyebrows as the ball came down.

"Fuck-" Yuvi paused mid sentence and I just realised what happened.

"He dropped it!" I exclaimed. "Fuck yes!"

"He better not do that again." Yuvi mumbled.