Chapter 23 - The Boy on the Wall.

After landing in India, we quickly got through security and border control, and got our bags as soon as they came out.

When we walked out, I was honestly taken back by the heat. I hadn't been to India for nearly 4 years, and being used to English weather sucks.

My dad had picked us up from the airport, and we got back to our house within an hour. I saw my fiancé's face on at least 4 billboards on the way, and each one made me grin even more.

Our part of the pind was quite peaceful. We were just thirty minutes from the busy centre.

All of my family literally ran up to me and squeezed me when I walked through the gate. And there's a fucking dog that's here too. Since when have we had a dog?

Anyway, after being attacked by a few family members and a dog, I unpacked and walked back outside, where everyone was sitting.

Our family's houses weren't far apart. There was a huge gate at the entrance, and to the left, my dad's house was there, and then right next to it was his cousins house, and then after a few animals, it was my grandparent's house. Oh, and we have a lot of land here. I bet all my dads been doing since he came here is being a real Jatt, and farming with the rest of his family.

I realised that most people in my family spoke English here, which was weird considering everyone knew Punjabi, but they chose to speak in a language they could hardly speak.

"This has been a long time coming. We're so excited." My Chachi grinned.

Long time coming? It's only been less than a month. Everyone glared at my chachi. What the fuck?

I gave my chachi a questioning look and she gave me an 'I'll tell you later look'.

That was weird.

Everyone was talking amongst themselves when I got a WhatsApp message from Virat. I'd texted him as soon as I landed.

From Virat Good to hear you've landed safely baby. How is it?

To Virat There's a random dog here and it fucking attacked me when I walked through the gate 😤.

From Virat Hahahahaha! 😂

I could imagine his laughter right now. He was probably rolling on the floor knowing that a dog chased me.

To Virat Not funny.

From Virat I'm surprised the dog didn't get scared when he saw your face.

To Virat You're mean :(

From Virat I'm joking, idiot. How many billboards was I on?

To Virat None.

From Virat That's a lie, because Bunty told me there were some by your house.

To Virat Have you been stalking me?

From Virat Maybe. Anyway, how's your family?

To Virat My chachi who lives here, the one that you haven't met yet said it was a long time coming, and now my entire family is acting sketchy. Even the damn dog is hiding behind a tree.

From Virat What? We only knew a month ago. A month isn't a long time. And take a picture of the dog. They're cute.

To Virat That's what I thought. And why the dog? Don't you want to see my face?

I sent a picture to Virat, of myself pulling an ugly face. Not ugly, just stupid.

From Virat That's going on my instagram. Thank you.