Chapter 24 - Wedding Shopping.

( Short filler chapter )

"It's shopping day!" Manpreet squealed when I answered her FaceTime.

"Yeah. I'm so excited." I laughed.

"Put mom on the phone." Ranvir said without saying hello to me.

"Hello to you too."

I'd forgiven my parents, eventually for that stupid thing that happened a few days ago. It was Hazel who had calmed me down in the end. At the end of the day, Virat and I were in love, and we were getting married. Who cares if we were set up when we were 8? The only thing that mattered was that we were together, and happy.

Once I'd got my phone back, I left Manpreet on FaceTime and texted Virat.

"Girl why am I on pause?" Manpreet asked.

"I'm texting. Wait."

"Texting your boyfriend?" She teased.

"No, actually. He's my fiancé." I chuckled.

I quickly told him that we were leaving for the shops, and he replied saying he still couldn't wait for the big day.

Neither could I, neither could my whole family.

I was the first girl from the younger generation to be getting married, from both my mom's side of the family, and my dad's side.

It was important for everyone that was close to me.

"Is Randeep coming to the wedding?" Manpreet asked.

"I don't really know." I sighed. "Both of them are invited. I hope they come. It will be nice."

"It's good that you invited Zara. It just shows him that you've completely moved on."

"Manni, if I hadn't completely moved on I wouldn't be getting married to another guy." I laughed and she agreed. "Anyway, I'll call you two back when I'm at the shops. We've got an hour journey now."

"Ugh, an hour!" Esha whined, making everyone laugh. "See you later. Stay safe."

"Thanks, and you. Bye!" I exclaimed and hung up.

**

After the shopping trip, we went to the mall for a quick dinner, and we headed back home.

I got my phone out to text Virat, only to see a ton of messages already from him.

From Virat Mandiiiiiii why aren't you answering my calls baby

From Virat I miss you

From Virat I can't wait to hold you in my arms again.

From Virat I'm so bored without you.

From Virat Yuvi's literally crying over Hazel going to India too.

From Virat Where the fuck are you have you been kidnapped oh my god Mandi I bet it's Priya oh my god text me when you read this oh my god

I laughed and rolled my eyes at his texts.

To Virat Idiot, I haven't been kidnapped by your ex, I went wedding shopping and I've only just come back. I miss you so much. I can't wait to see you again.

After a while of catching up on instagram, I saw he replied.

From Virat Oh my god I thought you were dead.

To Virat Unfortunately for you I'm still here 😆

From Virat How could I be mad about that? 😂😘

To Virat I miss you. I can't wait to see your face again. And hug you. And annoy you.

From Virat I mean you're annoying wherever you are :)

To Virat See, that's just rude 😤

From Virat Joking, baby. Can you call?

I replied to his message by FaceTiming him.

"It's so fucking good to hear your voice again." Virat groaned.

"Nice to hear you groaning as usual." I laughed.

"I miss you so much." He whined. "The final is in a couple days. Not long until I get to kiss you again." He smirked.

"Oh, I cannot wait." I smiled. "Is everything sorted on your side?"

"Yep. How about yours?" He replied.

"I got my lengha today." I grinned.

"God Mandi, you're going to look stunning." He smirked and looked up.

"So are you. My pretty husband." I laughed.

"Hey, shut up." He rolled his eyes. "Mandi, I've been meaning to tell you for a while." He mumbled.

Oh God. Was it bad?

"Since you've been in India, me and erm... uh... me and Randeep have really bonded." He mumbled.

"What!" I exclaimed with a smile. "Seriously?"

He nodded.

"Vee, I'm so happy that's happened." I grinned. "You two can be like best friends!"

"Hold it there woman, no way am I going to be best friends with your ex boyfriend." He quickly said.

"We'll see about that." I grinned again. "You two are similar in almost every way."

"Doesn't surprise me." He mumbled. Someone called his name in the back, making him groan. "Mand, I'll call you tomorrow. I've gotta go."

I pulled a sad face but nodded. I understood. I wasn't psycho like Priya.

"Okay, babe, you go do what you need to do. I love you so much."

"I love you too." He smiled.

"PDA!" I heard someone shout in the back.

"Hey, Yuvi! Been long since I've heard that voice." I laughed.

"Yep." Yuvi's face appeared on my screen. "My girlfriend should be joining you tomorrow. Remind her that I expect a FaceTime at least twice a day." He said sternly and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"You complain about us being romantic, you're worse than us." Virat laughed at his best friend.

"Shush." Yuvi said to Virat, and he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, Bhabhi we've got to go. Talk to you later!"

"Bye guys!" I smiled and ended the FaceTime.

God, I missed him so much. What love does do you is crazy.