Chapter 15 - The Engagement (2).

A/N
lol it's actually been aaages since I've been to a Punjabi engagement. If I miss anything out, I skipped it I didn't forget 😂😂🙄. Also there's a video somewhere down there, please please watch it or you won't understand ' Virat's Engagement Surprise for Mandi.' xx

Mandi's P.O.V.

Hand in hand, we walked out to the main hall with our families and friends. I looked around the hall and all my friends, the rest of Virat's friends, all my family and a some of Virat's family were sitting at the tables. Everyone cheered, making me blush. I definitely wasn't used to so much attention. Virat just smiled and smirked as if it was any other day for him.

"A big cheer for the bride and groom to be!" The DJ said through the microphone and everyone cheered again.

"You two go and sit on your chairs and we'll get started." My dad smiled.

We sat on the sofa thing behind the dance floor and family and friends started coming up to us for pictures, giving us money too.

"I'm actually shaking." I took a deep breath, looking around the room. Everyone was having such a fun time, with the music playing in the background.

"Babe, if you're gonna be my wife you better get used to the attention." He chuckled.

"Ladies and Gentleman, the time for the ceremonies has finally come, so everyone please take a seat!" The DJ said, and soon both our parents were standing behind us, getting ready for a picture. We smiled for the picture then the photographer asked for one of us two alone. After the pictures, the Chunni ceremony finally started.

Virat's mom, sister and his bhabhi gathered around me, giving me my gifts, and all the other traditional things the grooms family gifts me. Then, the Chunni was placed on my head by Virat's mother. She gave me a sweet smile, not forgetting to pinch my cheeks as she has done every time I see her. Virat discretely nudged me, laughing at me. I looked at him and he gave me an innocent smile.

After Virat's parents had completed the Chunni ceremony, his family members that were here came up to us and gave me money and fed me sweets too.

It was time for the Kurmai now.

My parents, brothers and sister in laws appeared again with a basket and gifts with them, and gave them to Virat. They gifted him a gold Kara, putting it on his hand.

I know it had to happen, but it was so special seeing my family being like this with Virat. It made me smile just with the thought of it. Not forgetting Virat, though. He looked like he didn't have a clue about what was going on. He looked so cute.

My dad fed Virat a dried date, and my mom gave him money.

There was a lot of freaking money with us right now.

After the Kurmai had been done, my family gathered around Virat, giving him so much money.

They were fans, after all.

But the realisation had just hit me. We were finally engaged!

"Mandip Dhaliwal, I love you so much." He smirked when everyone got back to their own conversations.

"I love you too, Virat Kohli." I said dramatically, making him laugh.

"One second." He smiled and got up, leaving me on the sofa thingy.