Chapter 9 - Apologies & Explanations.

From Hazel That guy is him.

No. It couldn't be. The man was her father's friend. She had never mentioned anything of the sort. Not with him. She said she hated the man who she used to like, yet she was so friendly with him. She had lied to me. More than once.

To Hazel What? How? When?

From Hazel Look, Mr Kohli, I freaking love you as a cricketer, but in real life you're kinda pissing me off.

Wow, thanks Hazel.

From Hazel You need to sort things out with Mandi. The engagement is next week. She doesn't hold grudges but it will take a couple days for her to stop being pissed at you. Get her something she likes. Buy her food or something, idk. Her favourite is Nando's. Take her.

To Hazel Do you think she's with him?

Bad question for her best friend, but I had to ask it.

From Hazel No fucking way! You think she'd see him behind your back? Are you mad? She'd never do that. Anyway, why are you asking? What has happened?

I explained to her what exactly I saw, and even she was clueless. No surprise, Mandi had not told Hazel why she was at his house, she hadn't even told her she'd gone. That made me more suspicious, because Hazel mentioned how when they were younger they made a pact that they'd always tell each other if they left the house, just in case they went missing. I thought it was kinda stupid, but I soon got a paragraph off Hazel, showing how it was clever. I just rolled my eyes and gave Yuvi the middle finger, as he was laughing his head off.

As I was about to get into some comfier shorts for bed, I heard a knock on my door. Without bothering to put a shirt on, I opened the door to reveal Anil Kumble. Was he still hovering outside our bloody room?

"Uh, hi. Sir. Let me get a top on." I said, and went to turn around when he stopped me.

"I've got a visitor for you." He said, calmly.

I turned around with a confused face, and he let out a smile.

"Come with me." He said, so I quickly put on a shirt and followed him out of the room. "I saw her, teary eyed in the reception. I recognised her straight away. I told her she can see you. Looks like your family issues weren't solved after all."

Mandip Dhaliwal.

"Why did you bring her up?" I asked.

"She's to be your wife, Virat. I saw her, on the verge of a break down so I told her she must meet you."

We entered the team hangout space, which was a random room in the hotel that they had kindly given to us, and there I saw Mandi, sitting on the sofa, looking as if she were about to cry. Did that hurt me? Yes. But was I going to think any different of her right now, after what I had saw? No.

"I'll leave you two to it." Anil sir said and left. Her head shot up when she saw me.

"Virat!" She exclaimed, and hugged me. But I did not hug her back. Why should I? She's seeing another man. She pulled away and gave me a confused look after wiping her tears away.

"Virat, I'm sorry. Let me explain." She sniffed, and looked down. She knew what she was doing to me. She knew I couldn't help but pull her into a huge hug, and a kiss if she was like this. I tried by best not to let it show on my face.

"Virat, please." She said, and grabbed my face with her hand, making me look at her.

"Why are you here?" I asked, coldly.