Chapter 21

Chapter 21~

Cathie's POV~

"Wait, Cathie. Just listen." I felt Louis's hand wrap around my wrist. I had no choice but to face him. "I can see what's right in front of me, and that's a beautiful girl that means the world to me." I looked into his eyes, he is being completely sincere. My heart began beating faster and faster. "I- I was so stupid for waiting to tell you!" He looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

"Louis-"

He took my hand in his. "I understand if I'm too late now." I couldn't take the pain in his eyes any longer and I shifted my gaze to our entwined hands. I was sniffling back tears as Louis continued. "But, if not.... Would you consider going on a date with me?"

It took me a minute to process what I had just heard. When I did, my eyes wide open and I looked back up at Louis. I saw a flicker of hope in his eyes.

I'm speechless, my mouth opens and close in an attempt to form words, but none do.

Then I feel Louis's hand slipping from mine. He thinks he's too late. That flicker of hope I had just seen, was gone.

Without thinking, I grip Louis's hand firmly and shake my head. He looks at me puzzled.

I pull him into a hug and hold him there. I finally find my voice. "No."

"No?" I heard his voice over me.

"You're not too late." With that clarification I felt arms wrap around me.

We stood like that- hugging- for quite a few minutes I assume.

Then I glanced over at the glass sliding door to see three faces staring at us intently. "Um, Louis,"

"Yeah?"

"We seem to have an audience." He started to turn around but I stopped him. "Don't look!"

He stopped moving. "What do we do?"
He whispered

"Just um.. Well why can't you think of something?" I whispered back.

"Okay, well..." He pulled out of the hug. "Will you, Cathie, go on a date with me?"

I smiled at him. And nodded. "Yes."

I heard noises coming from the door, and look over. Those three were hooting and fist pumping all over. Then Niall noticed me looking at them and shoved the other two away from the door. I laughed as they tripped over one another trying to get back to the couch.

I looked back at Louis. "I think we can go back inside now."

Louis held the door open for me as I walked inside, closing it when he came in.

We walked over to the couch area and saw the Liam, Zayn, and Niall all sitting on the floor. They seemed to be extremely focused on the game of monopoly. I didn't even look in Harry's direction, I already had had feeling I knew what he looked like.

Louis spoke first. "Who's winning now?" that caused the three to jump and look up at us.

Niall recovered first. "Oh, hey you two..."

--------------------A/N--------------------

Hey!

Yeah that was way too short.. sorry! :/ but I'm going to make it up to you guys!

~Mckenzie