Boys Willl Be Boys

I opened the door, throwing my keys down on the kitchen table.  I searched around, no one was home.

Walking into the living room I collapsed on the sofa and turned on the TV.  My school bag was next to me, but I ignored the ominous call of my homework due tomorrow.

Watching tons of rubbish on TV, I didn't notice how fast the time was flying.  It was 5 o'clock by the time the guys finally came home, finding me upside down,on the sofa.

"Hey Torrie," said Jake as he jumped on the sofa on he was upside down next to me, "Good day at school?"

"Nope," I replied.

"As usual," CC commented as he copied Jake and threw himself the other side of me, so he was next to my bag.

"Where you guys been?" I asked, trying to grab the remote as I saw Ashley swooping down to change channel.  Too late.

"No where, really," he replied, flicking through the channels, "You checked on Killer and Tokyo?"

I froze, staring at Ashley guiltily.

"Don't worry, Ash," Jinxx said cam he came into the living room, "They're fine, I just checked."

Ash shot me a whithering glare, which I returned with a cheeky smile.  He laughed.

"So what's for dinner?" I asked.

"Alcohol," said Jake.

"And for those of us not legally allowed to drink?"

"Alcohol", he repeated, "You didn't think we'd try to stop Andy drinking, did you?"

I laughed, "OK then, what's for dinner for those of us who aren't legally allowed to drink AND have school tomorrow?"

Jake thought for moment (must of been painful), "Crisps... and alcohol."

I hit him with a pillow.

"Hey!" he exclaimed, throwing it back.

"Whoa!" said a voice as a hand reached over the back of the sofa, grabbed the pillow and hit us both with it, "No fighting, you're not kids."

"Technically, I am," I countered.

"Technically, I can ground you," Andy shot back.

I have to admit, I had, somehow, inspired maturity in my older brother.

I glowered, "You were much more fun when you were just a brother."

"What fun like this?"  He grinned as he grabbed both my legs and pushed me off the sofa, onto the sheepskin rug and took my place, like the others, sitting upside down.

Then again, he was still a child...

"So what crap you watching?" he asked.

We all looked at the TV screen at some old, long forgotten series.

"Don't know, Ash-" I stopped as two fur balls jumped on my stomach, winding me, "put it on," I spluttered.

"Hey, Killer, Tokyo," Ashley cried, sliding down to the floor and grabbing his two dogs.  I was about to thank him, before he lead on his back and put his head on my belly.

"I'm not a pillow," I stated.

"Yes," said Jinxx, putting his head the other side of my stomach, "You are."

As the TV programme ended, about half an hour later, we all rolled out of our upside down/sideways/being a pillow possitions and dragged ourselves upright.

"Finished all your homework?" Andy asked, spying my school bag next to CC.

"Yes," I lied.

"No," CC countered, unzipping my bag and seeing the mass of papers I needed to compete, "And what's this?"

Oh no.

I jumped up and tried to grab my bag, before CC could drag out the brown envelope.  But I was too late.

Pulling the booklet out of the package he let out a low whistle as he read aloud, "Victoria Beirsack Report."

The guys all rushed around as CC began reading.  I collapsed back on the floor, burring my face in Tokyo's soft fur, as I ignored all the stupid comments my teachers had wrote.

"Awesome report," Ashley laughed after they'd finished reading, "I never got one as bad as that."

"Thanks," I bit, but he grabbed me into a hug.

"Right," he said, standing up, his arms still around my waist, "I thought we were going to get drunk".

The other guys yelled their agreement and we all raced for the stairs, all trying to be the first to get ready.