Olli, Ashley and Waking Up

Torrie's P.O.V.

Ashley, I love you.  I really, really do.

Tears were flowing freely as I ran, blurring my vision.  Night was drawing in, and with it the light fall of snow, so the streets were almost empty.  I was so alone.

Why did this have to happen?!  Why did I bring Olli?!  Why did I have to fall in love with Ashley?!  WHY?!  I collapsed on the pavement in floods of tears, my head falling into my hands.  

"Ashley," I whispered, desperate for him to be there, "Ashley."

A harsh wind blew around me, making me shiver.  I curled up, trying to keep warm, imagining Ash's arms around me, his soft lips on my forehead.

                                                                            ***

My eyes flew open.  I had been asleep?  Sitting up, rubbing my eyes, I tried to remember when I had fallen asleep.  Where was I?

A heavy duvet fell from me as I swung my legs off the bed I had been asleep on.  I was in my bedroom, but it wasn't mine.  It looked like my old bedroom, the one I had when before mum and dad had died.  Standing up hurriedly, I almost fell back over at the lack of movement I'd become accustomed to on t.he bus

I stared out of the large window at the suburban street beyond.  Where was this place?  Turning away I realised I was wearing the Hello Kitty Pjamas Ashley had got for me.

Ashley!  That was it!  He must've brought me here, and Andy and all the other guys.  They must be here some where.

At the sound of the door opening, I whipped around, expecting to see one of the guys, but...

"Hey, beautiful," he said, walking in, carrying a tray with breakfast on, "Rough night?"

Stunned speechless, I just gaped at him.  How is this possible?

"Torrie, are you OK?"  he asked, setting down the tray and rushing to my side, "Sit down," he continued, leading me back towards the bed.

I sat down next to him and looked into his face.  It was exactly the same as ever, or, almost the same.  Was he, in fact, older?  Glancing up, I looked in the mirror opposite my bed.  If I was able to speak just then I would've screamed.

I was, different.  My long black hair was cut short and my eyes void of any make up.  I was older too, only by a few years, but it was enough.  I looked down at my arm, where Ashley's name should've been, and saw only the faded scars.

"Torrie, Torrie!" he said, pulling me into a hug, "Relax."

And I did try, taking deep breaths and closing my eyes.  He must be able to explain what's happening.

"Olli," I whispered.

"It's OK," Olli reassured, releasing my slightly from his hug, so we were face to face.  He moved nearer and nearer, until his lips pressed mine.

I pushed him away, standing up and glaring at him, "What do you think you're doing?!" I raged, "I have a boyfriend as you know."

Olli just stared at me, confused.

"You don't remember?" he asked.

"Remember what?" I screamed, backing off until I was up against the black wall.

"Torrie," he said, as he stood up and moved towards me, taking my hand, "We're engaged."

I looked down at my hand.  There was a ring there, shining and gold with a black stone set into it surrounded my diamonds.

"Ashley," I whispered without thinking.

Olli pulled me into a hug again, "Don't think about him.  I know you'll never forget what he did, but, he's far away now, locked up, remember that."

"What he did?"

Olli looked at me, incredulously, "You really don't remember?"

The look of hurt and confusion in my eyes was answer enough.

"Torrie," he continued, "He raped you, tried to kill you.  Tried to kill me when I attempted to stop him."

Tears were pricking in my eyes, just like that night, which must've been years ago, but to me was only yesterday.  I remembered the hatred in Ashley's face when he lunged at Olli, was it hard to believe that he would try to kill him?

Yes.  Ashley was mine, my true love and the person I wanted to be with forever.  Someone who wanted to be with me so much he had barely spoken with another girl for weeks.  And the person who, when our relationship was threatened, tried to punch the person standing in front of me.

Ashley.  Ashley...

                                                                                ***

"I think she's waking up."

Who's voice was that?  I know it, I know I do but-

"Torrie, can you hear me?"

Andy!   Yes, of course!

"Andy," I tried to say.

"You're awake!"

I opened my eyes as Andy flung his arms around me and almost strangled me with his hug.  All the other guys were there as well as...

"Sammi Doll!" I squealed and pushed Andy away to hug my friend.

Sitting up, I realised where I was.  The BVB bus, on my bunk.  I ran my hand through my hair and noticed it was long again, and Ashley was moving closer for a kiss!  Everything was right again.

But wait, where?  Olli was sitting on his bunk, staring at the reunion before him, a smile on his face.   I smiled back.  I don;t know how I knew it, but I could see, he and Ashley had made up, but...

I remembered the dream, for that's what it must've been, didn't it?  But it was so real, so life like and I couldn't get the belief out of my head, that some dreams, tell the future.