Runaway Snapshots

Ashley's P.O.V.

Torrie scrambled to her feet and ran down the stairs.  With a confused look from Jinxx I followed, but I heard the bus door slam and I knew she was gone.

Andy was sitting on the sofa, watching Batman, but at the disturbance of Torrie he sat up.

"Whoa, Ashley, what the hell?  Where's Torrie gone?"

I turned savagely, but at Andy's genuine look of concern my anger faded.

"I don;t know, she just," I paused, "She looked scared," my voice shook, "Scared of me."

"Scared of you," Andy asked, "Why would she be scared of you?"

I thought about for this for a second.  No, it couldn't be.  Could it.

"We have to find her," I said.

At that point footsteps were on the stairs as Jinxx as Jake came down.

"What was that about?" Jinxx asked, "Hey, where's Torrie?"

"She ran off," informed Andy.

"Well what are we waiting for," Jake yelled, "Let's go find her!"

We all looked at Jake incredulously, as he stood there in his boxers.

Torrie's P.O.V.

The sun was midway in the sky, pelting down its rays of unforgiving heat.

I had no idea where we were.  Driving all day yesterday could of taken us anywhere.  But the city wasn't that crowded and I didn't get too many weird looks for being out in my 'Hello Kitty' PJ's (hey, Ashley bout them for me), but my bare feet on the boiling pavement might have made me stick out a bit more than usual.

I didn't expect to find a park in the middle of the city, but there it was.  A hot dog stand was by the edge of the path and I suddenly realised how hungry I was.  I walked towards it, before remembering I was only in my PJ's and had no money.

I groaned.  There must be a way to get food for free.

Then I saw something I really hoped wasn't real.  I turned and ran, but i guess a girl with long black hair, running through, park wearing 'Hello Kitty' PJ's wasn't that hard to spot.

I soon heard my name being called after me..

"Hey, Torrie!"

I wanted to keep running, but the gravel path hurt my bare feet.  I jumped on to the grass and tried to hide behind the trees, but bloody hell, CC was a fast runner.  He found me, cowering behind the trees.  He still had two plastic bags of shopping in his hands.

"Torrie,  what are you doing here?"

"I just," I began, not looking at him, "I needed to get away, for a bit."

"In your pyjamas?" he asked.

I smiled, "Yeah, there wasn't much time."

"What-" but he was cut of as'Ritual' started playing.  CC pulled out his phone and answered it.

"Andy...I know, sh'es here with me...no, sh'es fine... don't bother, we'llbe back soon."

He ended the call and put his phone back in his pocket.

"We're going back to the bus," he said, in a voice which said you are not going to argue.  It didn't work though.

"I, need sometime on my own," I retaliated.

"You can if you want.  Me and the guys will leave you alone, we understand it must be hard.  But you don't need to run away."

I looked at him straight in the eyes, and gave in.  I took one of the bags off him and took his hand.  Right now I needed the support.