short story

"Yo Barry?" I call as I walk into his lab.

A blond guy looks up and scowls.

Oh right. It's not just his lab anymore.

"Oh, hey Juls. Have you seen Allen anywhere?"

He scowls. "No I have not seen Allen anywhere. And for the hundredth time, stop bloody calling me Juls!" I chuckle. "Sorry Juls. Thanks Juls. See ya later Juls," I say, leaving the lab. I here him sigh as I leave. But I didn't see him smile the faintest of smiles.

It had been a week since Barry came back from Flashpoint. He had told me everything first, considering we were siblings. I was mad at him at first, how come he got an extra lifetime with mom and dad? But he was my twin, and it was hard to stay mad at him.

I suppose I could've just ran with him, I am a speedster, just like him. I know what he was going to do, I just didn't want to believe it.

"Y/N!" Barry calls.

I sigh. "There you are! Did you bring it?" I ask.

He smiles and holds up a bag that read, Yumi Sushi.

"Yes!" I say. He rolls his eyes. "I still can't believe you like sushi."

"Oh shut up you like it too." He shrugs.

We walk back into the lab and I sit in the extra rolley chair. Barry pulls up his next to mine and hands me my sushi. 

"Seriously, sushi?" Julian asks with a scowl.

"Oh get rid of that scowl. You know you like sushi too," I say, waving chop sticks around. He rolls his eyes. "And how would you know that?"

"I'm a great guesser. Besides, who wouldn't love sushi?"

He rolls his eyes but smiles slightly.

I gasp dramatically.

"Oh my god! Is that a smile? On Julian Albert?" I exclaim.

"Wait, the metahuman specialist? It can't be!" Barry says, joining in.

"Oh but it is!" I say. Barry and I burst out into laughter and Julian just rolls his eyes.

Barry smirks and continues to eat his sushi roll. His phone rings and he shows me the ID.

I smirk as he answers the phone and leaves the room.

"Reel em' in, Allen!" I shout, hoping your voice would reach his phone.

Julian chuckles. "Who's he talking to?"

"Iris West, a girl that he's had a crush on since like third grade. And finally, his girlfriend."

"Damn, that's commitment," Julian says. I laugh.

"We even moved in with their family. It was hilarious, Iris was so oblivious."

"Why'd you move in?" Julian asks. I don't say anything. It was quiet for a solid ten seconds.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean anything," Julian says.

I shrug. "It's alright. You don't know." 

It was quiet again. "I gotta go. See ya later?"

Julian clears his throat. "Yeah, maybe."