savitar part two

April
One month after Lexi's first encounter with Savitar

I decided to stay in Central City for a while. It's a wonderful place, just the right amount of metas and time travelers.

"That was one time, Lexi!" Barry says, after I told him why I decided to stay.

"I believe it was more than once," Iris says.

I snigger and glance at Julian. He's had a distant look on his face ever since Caitlin became Killer Frost. He's intent on bringing her back, he thinks it's his fault.

(I mean it is, but he did save her life)

"I'm going to head out. See you guys tomorrow," I say.

They wave goodbye and I grab my keys to my car. I finally got a new one after I wrecked my last one.

Mystery Man.

He saved me last time. I haven't seen him since, but I never forgot about him. I want to know who he is, and why he's hiding his identity. And where he got his scar from.

I park and walk to Jitters. I order my drink and sit in the back corner.

I've been coming here after Star Labs lately to look for a real job and research about guys with scars.

I've looked on almost all cameras imaginable. Security, highways, grocery stores, etc. There hasn't been any findings.

"This seat taken?" A guy asks. I dont respond and he takes the seat anyway.

"Oh, uh, sure. Sit," I say, though he's already sitting.

I quickly ex out of the camera footage and open up a job search website.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Ow, my feelings. I thought you'd recognize me."

I narrow my eyes and gasp.

"You."

He chuckles. "It's me. How's the job search been going?"

My face reddens, if he knows about me looking for jobs, he knows about me looking for him.

"Not so good. I'm sure something is around the corner though."

I actually look at his face. I've been looking at my computer screen so I haven't gotten a good look.

He looked exactly like Barry.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I think you know the answer to that."

"Are you like his doppelgänger?" I ask.

He chuckles. "No, no. I can't have my own life," he says.

"Sure you can," I say.

"I'm a time remanent. Do you know what that is?" He says.

"Yeah. But -no offense- shouldn't you be like, you know..."

"Dead? Nonexistent? No, I'm merely just forgotten," he says.