8

😳🤗 pls vote like enjoy***

Ed had gotten down to a routine with Lucy, he set fixed meal time and still battled with Lucy as she still refused most solid meal. On days when the weather permits they went to the park or keep Mandy company at the school when she didn't have much to do, which seem more often than expected, as Mandy fondness for Lucy grew.

Lucy grew stronger on her feet as the months went by. Sam and Stella had come to depend on Ed more and he loved his current way of life, only occasionally missing his loved ones which happened more frequently in the few weeks leading up to Christmas.

This was to be Ed's first Christmas away from his family .He looked forward to Christmas with Lee and Mandy, although he now had a new kind of family, he still missed Aden and Adeline very much.

It was only two weeks to Christmas and Lee had decided on having a small potluck for his students and their parents to which Ed and Lucy were cordially invited too . Dressing Lucy in her finest purple dress with matching shoes they both made their way down the stairs . Grabbing her stroller and shoving a bag packed with all emergency supplies from diapers to extra bottles of meals Ed lead the very excited Lucy out the front door.

The feast was in full blast when Ed and Lucy arrived,they made their way through the crowd simultaneously attracting attention , Lucy's dress seemed too stylish for the occasion, other kids had the schools uniform or were dressed in plain clothes decorated with little badges of honor which resembled those gotten by either the boys or girls scouts.

Both Ed and Mandy had spent most of the night before decorating the house with Christmas lights , fake snow stickers and a tree that Lee purchased days before hand. They had green and red balloons hanging on every corner and fake presents under the heavily decorated tree. Ginger bread houses , Christmas decorated cookies, hot coco , candy canes and other snacks brought by most of the families were arranged neatly on the two huge tables.

Lee host of the event kept circulating among the crowds, every parent seem to glow with pride as he gave account of the progress made by the kids in each of the schools program . Occasionally Ed caught sight of Lee stealing glances towards Miss page to make sure she was having a good time, their relationship having developed to were Lee spent more time away from the school and Miss page becoming a regular visitor at the school to both Mandy's and Lee's delight.

As the party gradually wind-down, Ed buckled sleepy Lucy into her stroller and strolled over to Mandy to say his goodbye .

" I guessing I will not be seeing you till next year, since you be gone for weeks "

"Yes" Mandy said as she smiled down at Lucy comfortable strapped in her stroller . Then stepping forward and embracing Ed who's cheeks blushed as he returned the embrace.

"Am sure you both will do just fine with out me , and I have asked Page to look in on you guys while am away" Mandy added as she released Ed from her embrace.

"Am sure she will keep her eyes on Lee with out your asking" Ed replied

"Oh yes am sure she will" Mandy said between chuckles.

After wishing her a safe trip and promising to behave while she was away, Ed pushed the stroller of a now sleeping Lucy towards her home.

On getting home Ed had carried the sleeping child with ease up to her room , he then sat on the old recliner by the side of her bed deciding to read a book while the await the return either parent.

Ed paused his reading laying the book down on his lap when he had the sound of foots steps coming up the stairs, he assumed it was Sam since Stella had promised to call before coming .

The polite smile on Ed's face vanished and he stood looking fixedly, person who was now standing by the entrance to Lucy's room was not Sam. Remembering he had left his phone down stairs, he stood in front of the sleeping child's crib and spread his arms to his side protectively.

"Who are you?" He asked finally deciding to start up the conversation as the man before him gawk at him in silence.

Not getting a response and not wanting to show how scared and hopeless he felt .Ed added in as smooth a voice as he could muster...

"Look I don't know how you got in and I don't care how you got past the security alarm but the master bed room is behind you and you welcome to anything you want down stairs just take what you want and leave before someone else gets home "

The stranger who now wore an amused expression kept still, holding Ed's gaze as he tried to speak,he took a step further into the room causing Ed to take a step back bring his back in contact with Lucy's crib.

"Hi sorry I was expecting a nanny...but ...well I was not expecting a male nanny, sorry if I scared you I let my self in, I have a spare key and Stella gave me the new alarm code". Stretching out his hand toward Ed who's face showed how puzzled he was.

Seeing the man in front of him was still skeptic the stranger put up his left arm and reaching behind him with his right pulled out a police badge.

"May be this will help" he said the stranger .

"Am Jack, Stella's brother" he paused then added as if to reassure the half frightened man before him, he was who he claimed "Am her younger brother to be precise and you are?"

"Am Ed the new nanny" Ed answered putting out his arm to Jack this time.

"Sorry to bash your expectations" he added attempting a joke to try and lift the tense mode that still enveloped the room.

"Do you mind if we go down stairs?" Ed asked

"Sure" replied Jack still standing put before Ed

"After you" Ed said as he made a gesture towards the door and followed behind when the later made his way down the stairs case.