10

😳🤗 pls vote like enjoy***

      Ed spoke as little as he could to Jack during his stay but the later didn't seem to mind he carried the conversation and told Ed about his work and even about his child hood days with Stella, how she had always been assertive and out spoken, how she won almost all her debates in her high school debate club and at home .

    Jack  constantly treated Ed like a lost old friend but this behavior neither encourage Ed to open up more to Jack or change the forsworn silence attitude he always put-on in jack's presence.

    Jack spent most of his time during his visit with Jack and Lucy,  going to the park near the house and helping feed Lucy who didn't seem to mind the additional attention she was getting from the man who indulged her every whim .

    Three days before Christmas , Jack decided on going  Christmas shopping for presents at a mall near by, and he begged Ed to come with.

    Ed was busy packing Lucy's bag and setting out her stroller when Jack's voice came from behind him

    "Have you been a nanny for a long time?"

    "No"   Ed said answering him with a single word but Jack was use to his attitude now that he didn't seem to mind any more.

    "Well you seem to take every thing into account, you always have every thing set and ready to go that I assumed you have been at it for years."

    Ed seeing that Jack was in one of his chatty mode he decided to indulge him a little.

  "Actually taking care of Lucy is my first time being a nanny"  Ed said turning in time from his task to see the look of astonishment on Jack face which was later replaced by one of his wide smile that always seem to illuminate his entire face. He was holding Lucy effortlessly in left hand and reaching out his left hand he took the stroller from Ed and made for the door before saying

    "I will let you lock up, We will be out side by the car, Stella said it was ok to use her SUV.

    Ed joined the two by the car. Jack had packed by the curb of the house earlier in the day. After strapping Lucy in the back sit Ed claimed into the front passenger side and watch Jack ease the car down the road.

    Once reaching the mall Lucy struggled purposely when Ed tried to strap in to her stroller, so Jack offered to carried her in his arms as the went from one store to another, from time to time Jack would ask Ed's opinion on an item and Ed would only shrugged his shoulder.

    "You know am asking your opinion because I actually want you to say what you think, don't just shrugged your shoulder tell me if you like it or hate it"  Jack said to Ed, turning around and setting Lucy down between them he picked up two set of fluffy looking pajamas, he then held it in front of Ed

    "What do you think?"  he asked this time wanting a definite reply

    "I think they are a size too small"  Ed replied

    Smiling Jack said   "Now that wasn't to hard... see this why I need you , if you had just shrugged your shoulder how was I to know it would be too small."

    Bending down he held the pajamas to Lucy who clung to his knees the whole time, he then nods his head in agreement to Ed's deduction.

    "You know you don't have to be on guard with me" Jack said as he held Ed's gaze with his assertive eyes ,and a faint smile on his lips.

    Ed reach for the rake of cloth, picking one up he thrust it toward Jack

    "This will fit"  he said disregarding his earlier remark.

     Jack saw Ed tried to avoiding his eyes while he spoke, so he decided not to push Ed too hard.  Jack had always believed Ed was just quite or just plainly didn't like him but he was not going to let Ed's attitude discourage him, he like Ed as a person and secretly decided to win his confidence one way or the other.

    The shopping continued with Ed now conversing continuously with Jack, as Jack had decided to have Ed's opinion on almost very item he laid his hand on. The three spent a while in the small indoor area meant for kids, Lucy played on the jungle like slide with other kid and occasionally coming over to lure the ever willing Jack to play with her.

    After little Lucy tried her self out they went to the food court and Jack bought them three cinnamon rolls, a small pack of chocolate milk for Lucy and water for him self and Ed. The three ate in silence watching Lucy's smear her face and clothes with her sticky fingers .

    "Please tell me you have something to clean this mess up or may be a spear out fit in that bag. Jack asked with an honest appeal in his voice .

    Ed nods he head and bending he dug out a wet wipe from the bag tucked away under the stroller. He handed it to Jack who gently wiped his niece hands and face. Jack was right he had everything in that bag, Stella had seen to it during the first week on the job. she even went as far as making a list for Ed to go by, she had patiently taught Ed every thing he need to know about his duties and occasionally made remakes to liking the fact he came to her with a clean slate so she had him do everything just the way she would've.