21

😳🤗 pls vote like enjoy***

     For the past two weeks Jack tried to keep to himself so as to give Ed more space to think . He still ate dinner with Ed when ever he got home early enough but that ceremony was done in silence.

    Stepping out of his car Jack took a few steps towards the front door before Ed stepped out pushing David's stroller in one hand with Lucy strolling behind as they both made their way towards him.

    Jack saw Ed's halt in his steps when he noticed the new car,  " where is your car?"   Ed asked

    "Well I thought that won't fit use all but this will "   he pointed at the object of inquiry.

    Jack had decided to rent a bigger SUV for today , it's the day he got to met Ed's family and he wanted to make a good impression. But instead of saying this he gave Ed a warm simile.

   "  I was fine going by my self but you insisted on coming along, you should have just stayed home with the kids "   Ed said in a low tone but loud enough for Jack to hear. He placed David in the back sit then Lucy was next, when he was done strapping them both in safely he turn to Jack.

    "Pleas tell me it's a rental, you didn't by..."

    "It is a rental Ed... get in let's get going you don't want to keep them waiting "   Jack said answering Ed's first question .

    "Did you tell them we will pick them up?"    Jack asked as he pulled out of the drive way.

    "yes I got a text from Aden before they left and I asked which gate they will be coming through, he hasn't text me back but am sure he will once they touch ground".

    "OK...it should take about half an hour to get there I hope we don't keep them waiting"

    "Well I hope so but I kept them waiting for two year, a few more hours won't hurt" Ed said as he forced a simile to his face.

     Shifting his attention back to the road in front of him, Jack drove the small party to the airport. Ed revised a text saying what gate they were at and Jack stay behind with David and Lucy while Ed went to welcome his siblings.

    The hearty way the twins clung to their older brother while they made their way towards Jack who was now standing by the car and waving at the group, showed Jack just how attached the twins were to Ed and how touching the reunion must have been after being apart for so long.

    "Hi you must be Jack"    Adeline said as she let go of her Ed's arm to make her way to him.

    "Hi you must be  the lovely Adeline ...Ed has told me a-lot about you and your brother.... "   Jack said as he nod his head towards Aden.

    "  .... when he could finally talk about you guys"

    "Oh I see "  she replied taking Jack's offered hand and smiling warmly at him

    Jack helped Ed log the twins luggage in to the trunk, and when Ed had introduce Lucy and David to the twins, Jack suggested they had dinner before heading home.

    "Table for seven"   Adeline said to the hostess that welcome them in to the restaurant

    "Ah.. six will do just fine ... Adeline this little guy will be staying put in his carriage his growing bigger by the day and believe me even though he can't walk he can crawl his way around this place"    Ed explain as he waved his right hand to indicate the restaurant.

     After they were seated and drink orders  taken and served, Adeline opened the conversation.

    "So you are the good friend Ed was talking about, the one who got us the first class tickets, I must say that was really cool I never flew first class before" .

    "Well your brother actually paid for those tickets since he insist I take it out his pay"   Jack replied

    Shifting her gaze back to Ed she continued   "Oh Ed I thought you didn't care about us at first, but I never believed what they said about you, then aunty told us why you left.  You should have just told us Ed we would have believed you, you know that".

    "Sorry"  Ed replied   "I don't really think it through ...  I had no plan to stay away this long"

    "well you did"  Aden said in a low tone   "...and I had to carry the slacks, Adeline won't stop whining for months you see...".

    Ed only smiled in response and took a sip from his drink, before stretching out a hand to ruffle Aden's hair.  

    "Am so glad ..."    Adeline said cutting her brother off     "that you are OK Ed, I knew you were the moment we started getting your presents, thanks for that by the way .Now I don't have to deal with Aden bossing me around, we are going to go home right?"

    "One ,five minutes who cares am still older" Aden said, a grin on his face

"Only by a few minuets for goodness sake stop rubbing it in"   Adeline almost screamed at Aden before Ed decided to speak up.

    "Am sorry sis but we can't not just yet , you both have to start thinking of school, you have your first semester of college to prepare for, so  it won't make sense going back home and beside aunt Cassy loves having you guys around. Don't you like it there?"    ED asked

"We do, actually aunt Cassy is OK I guess and I will like to got to the Marine institute out there. I don't think I want to go to the same school as Aden, besides  I don't want to lose some of my new friend they not that bad you know"

    Again Ed only gave Adeline a nod to indicate he had been listening to what she said, he missed hearing the sound of their voices and was content just watching the twins speak .

"So are you his friend or does he just work for you?"   Aden asked Jack who had been quietly listen to the siblings bicker . He had not seen Ed in such good spirits or smile so must since he meet him.

   "well am both  I hope ...am not that old you know and Ed works for me and my sister.. Lucy's mum"   Jack explained

   "I can't believe you left your ivy league school to become a nanny Ed, I swear when aunty first told us I told her that she found the wrong Ed. Aunt called your precious School, at first we thought you may have gone to start your classes  but you weren't there. After you tried so hard to get in I couldn't believe you let the opportunity go to waist."  said Aden between chuckles ,his attention now to his brother.

    "Ya me too"   Adeline  added...

    Indeed that was Ed's first plan, but he also knew that was the first place he would be looked for.Before Ed could come up with a proper response the waiter showed up with their food and every one's attention moved to filling up their belly's.