ELEVEN<>NEVELE

"Is she okay? Please tell me she's okay!"

"Mr Rogers, everything is okay. She just needs to rest."

Steve stood in front of Elias's doctor, worry racing through him.

"May I sit with her? I just want her to see a familiar face." Steve pleaded.

The doctor eventually nods and let's Steve pass. The super soldier sits beside Elias's bedside, taking her hand in his.

"I don't know if you can hear me, Elias, but if you can, I want you to know something. I'm not angry with you. At first I was, but I believe that you were protecting me by not telling who the Winter Soldier was. I respect that. I honestly do.

"I know you've never been shown true love or true care, but I want you to know that I truly care about you. So does Natasha and Sam. They and I truly love you as a friend."

Steve looked up at Elias's face. "Hell, you're like a little sister."

He went silent as he hung his head, closing his eyes, sighing. Tears ran down his cheeks.

"I'm actually older than you if we're gonna go by our modern day ages."

Steve's head shot up as he saw Elias open her eyes a little. "And I heard what you said. I..." She coughed roughly, causing pain in her. "I don't even have words to describe how I feel." She managed to get out.

Tears streamed down her face. The two smiled at each other before Steve hugged her.

"Ah, she's awake." Sam walked into the room, a bouquet of white roses in his hand.

"Hey, Sam." Elias smiled at him. "Nice flowers."

"Yeah. Figured I'd bring them since you helped save the world."

Elias chuckled. "Well, I'm no hero. I'm more of the former villain type."

The two men chuckled as Natasha entered the room, two Caribou coffees in her hands.

"Eli." Natasha greeted and gave Elias one of the coffees.

"Flowers and a coffee? Cool." The blonde says and sips her coffee. "What flavor is this? It's good."

"It's a white chocolate turtle mocha." Natasha tells her.

"Hell yes." Elias says and drinks more.

"So, how're you feeling?" Natasha asked.

"Fine. Just sore and tired."

"You've been in a mini coma for a week and you're tired?!" Sam exclaimed. "Wow."

"Oh whatever! I've been shot, stabbed, electrocuted, almost burned, and had little to no sleep. I deserve every opportunity of sleep I get!"

Everyone in the room laughed.

"Well, I have to go. Fury called me saying he needs me." Steve says and stands up.

"Fury's alive?! How?" Elias asked in disbelief.

"Beats me." Steve says with a shrug.

Elias gave his hand a squeeze before letting go.

"I need to go too. It was nice seeing you, Elias." Sam says, setting the flowers on the nightstand. Natasha followed Sam out, sending Elias a wave. She waved back at Natasha as she closed the door.

"Sleep, please come to me." Elias says, setting her coffee on the nightstand. After getting comfortable, sleep came to her.