22 - "a member of the opposite house"

22 | Kai

"Do you understand?" Alex asks finally and I nod my head all the while knowing I hadn't listened to anything,

"Kai!" She shouts and my body jolts in shock, "Are you even listening to me?" She accuses her eyebrows raise in disbelief and I widen my eyes at her sudden dominant state,

"Giant kangaroo in the water-bucket and sponges on the sofa." I say confidently yet at the same time not paying any attention as she scoffs crossing her arms sharply across her chest and I feel half guilty half scared,

Guilty because she had just spend maybe fifteen minutes explaining to me what the whole competition plan was and scared because there's a look in her eyes that tells me I should be. For such a small girl she is extremely intimidating and scary which in my mind is a deadly combination.

"Kai get your head out of the clouds and listen. When the girls come in put the giant stuffed kangaroo on Qthe sofa and leave the sponges in the water bucket. Please for the love of God do not put wet sponges on the sofa, not only will Heather kill you but you will be ruining a four thousand dollar sofa." She tells me in anger and I'm wide eyed at the sudden rage filling her voice,

Sure Alex can be scary but she's never actually shouted at me before and I can tell I'm ticking every last box for her today, I mumble a short apology before making a mental note to not put the sponges anywhere near the sofa. Though it would be amusing to watch Heather throw a hissy fit.

Alex's phone pings and she pull it out, running her hand over her forehead in stress as she checks over the notification. She groans in annoyance and I automatically worry.

She looks up at me with sorrowful eyes and I wonder why.

"That was Heather." She starts and the tension builds, "Change of plan were organising with the boys again." She finishes and my head drops to my lap and I whine,

Alex rubs a hand over my back and whatever anger had once consumed her had been washed away, her hand rubbed small circles over my clothed back and I attempted to calm myself.

"Hey you did say Luke's been MIA so maybe he won't even show up." She offers reassuringly and I offer a smile to show how grateful I am for her attempts,

"Maybe." I mumble before pulling myself from the small bench and wiping down the fabric of my dress,

She silently stands before we make our way towards the White House and I can already see a majority of the boys walking towards it, though I can't see Luke but maybe he's already inside.

Heather is stood by the door welcoming the Frat boys with a wide and wicked smile that seems to drop slightly when she notices me.

"Oh hey Kylie." She greets distaste dripping from her voice and I can clearly see her teeth clench softly as she talks,

"Holly how are you?" I smile walking into the house before I can get an audible and a totally unwanted answer, making sure to bump shoulders harshly with her,

A squeal leaves her lips before she recomposes herself, smiling flirtatiously with one of the boys who were carrying supplies through the doors.

When Alex and I get to the living room I go to sit down only to realise the sofa is crammed full of decorations and I find myself wondering what for, you know since I ignored half of what Alex said.

I poke her softly and she turns to me a while smile on her face.

"What are all the decoration for?" I ask cautiously not wanting her to snap on me like she had done previously,

Thankfully she seems more than willing to answer my question without any sort of agitation.

"It's how we're going to draw in the pledges." She answers though I still find myself confused,

What are we going to do? Lasso them in with the banners and table fringe. Alex quickly and thankfully notices the look on my face before she decides to elaborate more.

"We're throwing a party." She says simply and this time I understand thoroughly but still find myself cringing at the awful memory of my last party,

The party that I got dragged to while I was meant to be getting food, the party in which I got so drunk that I ended up in someone else's dorm.

Alex attention had been turned away from me as she talks to another sorority member who I believe is named Ronnie, she has a wide smile on her face as she does so.

Just as I go to make a move and hopefully sneak out of this hell hole Heather strolls in through the wide open doorway, there is a sinister smile on her face as she slowly clasps her hands together.

"Hello boy and girls." She says sweetly though I can hear the annoyance in her voice, "Today we will continue with the planning and I've decided so that we can all get to know each other better."

I shake my head. She'd better not.

"You will be paired with a member of the opposite house."

I groan aloud and I can feel Heathers judging gaze on me and sure enough when I lift my head there she is, a wide and knowing smirk on her face.

I know Luke isn't here so she can't pair me with him so I wonder what she will do.

"Pair up with someone people." She sings running up to another blonde only to have him walk away and she glares stubbornly at the back of his head as he makes his way over to me,

Wait me.

It's to late by the time I notice, the blonde boy is stood directly in front of her with both his hands stuffed in the front pocket of his denim jeans and a nervous smile on his face.

"Wanna partner up?" He asks quietly and almost shyly something I am already admiring about him and maybe that why I nod my head.

"Yes."

* * *
GUESS WHOS BACK-BACK-BACK BACK AGAIN-GAIN-GAIN KEELYS BACK WITH AN UPDATE! HELLO! SO IM PUBLISHING THIS NOW BECAUSE I HAVE RUNNING SOON, JUST A HEADS UP I MAY OR MAY NOT UPDATE TOMORROW INSTEAD OF WEDNESDAY BECAUSE I HAVE AN EXAM AND I ALREADY KNOW IM GONNA BE EXHAUSTED WHEN I COME HOME.

IF I DINT UPDATE THERE WILL BE AN UPDATE ON THURSDAY, AND SHITS BOUT TO GO DOWN.

SEE YOU X
- KEELY X