38. Drugs (part 30 to no.10)

"Morning love" Tommy says as he sits infront of me while I sip on my morning tea. I look at him and went on playing with my laptop. Various emails kept filling my inbox. One in particular grabs my attention. READ!! URGENT!! What? "So umm.. I'm thinking of taking the boys out in a while. Is that alright?" Tommy asks as if we have been divorced and he is asking permission to have some quality time with his kids. "It's alright" I answer. Its weird Tommy has been doing this a lot now. Maybe he really does care and wants to be there for us. To keep the family strong. Away from hate and pain.

"Alright. We are off." He says kissing my forehead as he leaves with the twins. I do some chores and ends up on the sofa again. Okay. Now what? I think to myself what to do. Tommy has been gone for a long time now. My phone starts to ring. It was Kaya. "Hey Kaya!" I say. "Heeey, so what's the plan for their first birthdays??" Kaya asks excited. "Kaya, its not happening anytime soon yet" I say giggling. Its funny how the days went by and the boys are going to turn 1 in a few months. "Is Tommy being okay?" She asks. Changing the subject. "Yeah he's alright." I simply replying. Not really wanting to tell her how he has been getting into fights now. "Umm.. I gotta go do some laundry now" I say hanging up.

Tommy still isn't home so I decide to do some laundry. I check the pockets before putting them in. Wait. What was that?. I put my hand in Tommy's pants and take out a roll of paper. Drugs? Tommy can't be doing drugs but this isn't a normal rolled up paper either. I put it back in the pocket and seperates it from the rest.

I pace around the room waiting for his arrival. The door opens. Without any concern I raise my voice. "TOMMY WHAT- oh its you" I say to Dylan as be looked terrified as Ethan starts to cry. I take Ethan to calm down while he puts Elliot in his crib.

"Y/n whats wrong?" Dylan asks once we settle down in the living room. "Nothing. I was just worried that he was taking time. Where is he?" I ask. "He..umm.. had to do.. some erands" Dylan says. He's so bad at making stuff up but I let it go. The door opens revealing a frustrated Tom. He walks straight to the room ignoring us. Dylan must have felt the tension as he excuses himself out patting my leg to hope things go fine.

"Where were you?" I ask leaning against the door frame. "Out" He replies. "Out where?" I ask again. "I was just out okay." He says raising his voice a bit. "Out having drugs" I say with confidence in my voice. Ready to face his feirce tone of words. I throw the pants at him. He looks at me but I ignore. I walk past him to grab some pillows as I plan to sleep away from him. "Where are you going?" He asks confused. "Away from you" I say as I walk to the sofa.

Its 2:30 in the morning and I'm still up. The sofa is uncomfortable but I don't want to sleep near him. "We can switch places" Says Tommy giving me a little shock. I don't reply. "Y/n, that's not mine and I'm not doing drugs either" He says talking straight with the subject. When I don't reply he carries on again. "It was just one time. Not one time that I tried it. I didn't and I don't want to either. I just helped a group to deliver those and one of it got left in my pocket maybe. I know this will be hard for you to believe but I'm telling the truth" He says. "The beatings. Was it them?" I ask. "Umm.. No. It was with the police" He says with his head hung low. "What? You had a fight with the police? Tommy why did you put yourself into that?" I ask. "I had to go home to you and my kids. They need me okay." He says. "Well if that's so then you wouldn't have left in the first place" I say tearing up.

"I... I know"