17 ~ Consequences...

The next day (monday):

Hannah's POV

I sat at the canteen with Finn, Evie, Mal and Ben. The food in there was so good. I'd thought it would be worse but it tasted exactly same as at home. I missed my dad so much but I still wanted to stay there. I saw Jay on another table far away from us. He was with Carlos. I felt bad for Carlos because he had to choose between his friends. He didn't want to let Jay alone, which I understood. Jay stared at me through the whole breakfast but someone else stared too. At a table nearby sat no one else but my lovely cousin and her friends. I felt their glances on me.

Finn noticed them, "Shall I go to say something to them? They don't behave nicely", he whispered to my ear. I shook my head to him. I didn't want see him fight with his own friends. Then we saw Jay storming out of the room.

"What is he doing?" Evie muttered.

"I think the exact same thing more than often", I muttered back, "I caught him making out with Audrey couple of nights ago."

The others stared at me with widen eyes, "What the..." Finn started but I cut him off.

"Please, he's not worth it", I whispered.

"But only couple of days ago he sweared his love to you! He doesn't deserve you!" he yelled.

"Finn, don't yell at me", I said, "I know what you mean without shouting", I bit my lip.

"I know... I'm sorry", Finn squeezed my hand and turned his attention at his watch gasping, "I need to go. See you later", he smiled one last time to me and left.

"He likes you", Evie teased after he was gone.

"I know... but I can't be with him, not now", I said to her, "And, after all, we met not long ago."

"I understand. But he's quite a catch, isn't he?" Evie asked giggling.

Jay's POV

I couldn't stand it when I saw that git flirting with Hannah. So I left the room. I was upset. I ran to my and Carlos' dorm and fell onto the bed trying to keep calm. Why was I doing things like that? Why I kept hurting the love of my life? What was wrong with me?

I knew I had to go. The classes would start in any minute. I just didn't know could I even look at her anymore. I didn't want to lose her, espesially to him...

Ben's POV

I knocked on Jay and Carlos' door. I knew Jay was inside and I wanted to talk with him. When no one answered I opened the door quietly and looked inside. I saw Jay lying on his bed looking at the ceiling. I stepped inside and walked closer to him. He didn't turn to look at me until I touched his shoulder. I have to admit that he looked horrible. I stared back to him for a while and then hugged him.

"She hates me", he whispered pulling away from me.

"No, she doesn't. Now just get up and go to classes", I said to him strictly.

He slowly stood up, "Will she ever forgive me?" he sounded pathetic.

"No if you keep behaving like this", I said honestly, "So get a grip and prove her you're someone worth to be with." With those words I left Jay alone in his dorm.

~~~~~~

Evie's POV

I sat with Hannah on math lesson. She was way better than me because she'd taken lessons independently. Anyway, neither of us didn't really pay attention.

I felt so bad for Hannah. Jay was such an idiot to her and obiously she still cared about him. 'I'll speak with Jay and tell how to treat my friend', I thought, 'It would be great if Hannah chose Finn. They would be a beautiful couple and Jay would finally learn something...'

~~~~~~

Jay didn't appear in lessons so after them I went to his door. I knocked and when he didn't came to open I went inside. Jay lay on his bed. He just sat there quietly, like he didn't even noticed me.

"Jay, I need to say something", I said and he glanced at me but didn't move an inch. I stepped closer and continued, "What's wrong with you Jay? You have changed since Hannah came back. I can't stand what you have done to her..."

He cut me off, "You think I don't already know that?"

"Then why you keep doing things like that? You'll lose her", I stated.

"I don't know. Last night I just felt so lonely. I wanted to feel something. Do you understand?" He stood up and stared at me his arms crossed.

"Then did you?" I whispered.

"Did I what?" he asked confused.

"Did you felt something when you kissed Audrey?" I raised my eyebrows. He looked sad and just shook his head a little. I nodded, "Don't get depressed. Just act like normal peopele, like you normally behave", I said, smiled a little and went to my and Mal's dorm.

~~~~~~

"So tell me, when are you going to a date", Hannah asked me excited.

"Well, I'm not sure yet... I actually haven't spoke with him after saturday", I answered sadly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. This's all about me..." she started but I cut her off.

"No, it's not your fault. I've just been so busy", I explained to her.

"Because of me", she continued and I shook my head. "I'll make it up to you. Let's just find him and..."

"No. Please just let's talk about something else... maybe about you and your love life", I said smirking cause I could change the topic of this conversation.

"I have nothing to tell", she said quickly. Maybe little bit too quickly.

"Hannah, you know yourself that there's so much happening in your life right now", I said teasing her, "So tell me, do you still like Jay", I leaned closer to her. She blushed a little. "Yes you do. You blush rarely", I giggled, "Don't worry, I spoke with him today."

She pecked my arm with her elbow, "No you didn't! Please, I just don't want to think about that right now."

"I understand... but how about Finn?" I was just curious.

"He's just a friend of mine... and he'll be one in futere too", she sighed, "I just have to tell that to him."

I put my hand on her shoulder, "I'll support you in any case. You know that?" She nodded and hugged me.

"Shall we sew something? I don't want to go back to my dorm", she whispered.

"Of course! I have missed that so much! What do you wanna do?" I asked exited. Then she smiled... she finally smiled!