Live and Let Die

(The French Quarter)

Aria's POV.

As me and Cami stand in the streets of the Quarter and the All Hallows Eve party is still continuing from last night, Cami is trying to call Davina to find out where she is.

"Finally, you pick up your phone!" Cami says, and I silently listen in for Davina's voice "I've been trying to get a hold of you for days! Way to leave a girl hanging." She says into the phone.

"I know, I should have called you back." Davina says, and I smile at her voice "I didn't want you to worry. I just... Things are complicated." She adds, and my smile falters slightly.

"Yeah, well, word on the streets, and by streets I mean Josh and Aria, is that you've gone totally MIA. Seriously, are you okay? Where are you?" Cami asks her.

"I'm fine. I'll be back soon, I promise. And... Thanks for calling. It's good to hear your voice." Davina says before I hear the line go dead.

"Davina? Davina?" Cami asks into the phone until he realises Davina hung up. She then looks over to me and gives me a small smile due to how the call went.

"Well, that was rather rude!" We hear a familiar voice over the crowd, and we both turn to see Klaus. And Cami gapes at him in shock, which makes him smirk in amusement "Well, it's a pleasure to see you, too, Camille!" He says to her.

"Don't... Don't do that crooked-smile thing, okay? I haven't see you for months, and now you're... Appearing out of the blue? What do you want?" Cami asks him annoyed, and I just smile to myself how cute they're being.

"Well, I have a rather long list of people I need to track down and deal with, and at the top of that list is a certain runaway witch." Klaus sates as he walks over to us, and my smile falls.

"Maybe she doesn't want to be found." I counter to Klaus.

"And for good reason. Had I magically resurrected the insane, vampire-hunting father of my sworn enemy, I'd be hiding too!" Klaus says the information that I have yet to inform Cami about.

"Wait, what?" Cami glances at me stunned.

"Oh, haven't you heard? Mikael the Destroyer, back from the dead. And, by all accounts, under the complete control of Aria's little sister, Davina." Klaus explains clearer to her.

"Well, you heard her, clearly. She didn't say where she was!" Cami says worried over the loud music.

"Oh, on the contrary, love. You just had to know how to listen. For instance, I heard cicadas, and I heard tans, but the real giveaway was the church bells. Did you know Aria and Davina's family owns a little cabin in TerreBonne Parish? It's been abandoned for years! But, a brief glimpse at a map showed its just a mile from the loveliest little chapel." Klaus explains, and I think about how I should've listened more closely to the background of the phone call.

"So, what's the plan?" I sigh at Klaus as I want to find her too.

"Well, the way I see it, if Davina wants to use Mikael to kill me, we just have two options. One, you and Aria reason with her. Two? Well, I don't think you'd both like two very much." Klaus tells us.

"Fine. Let's go." I tell him before we all walk off.

(Skip to Rousseau's)

After about a twenty minutes of waiting in Klaus' SUV outside of Rousseau's with him in the drivers seat and me in the passenger seat waiting for Cami to pick up her bag from Rousseau's, I've realised she may be stalling.

"What's taking her so long?" I ask him as I yawn a little.

"I don't know." He tells me before getting out of the car and walking into Rousseau's.

I then look in the re-view mirror to see I'm a little paler than usual, and that's because I haven't drank blood since the night the werewolves attacked in Rousseau's. I've been meaning to drink blood since then, but I'm worried encase my hunger overtakes me. I then get comfortable in my seat before drifting off to sleep.

I then get suddenly woken up when the engine starts in the car, and I look over to Klaus to see there is no Cami.

"Where's Cami?" I ask him confused with a yawn.

"She has something to do, she's going to catch up." He tells me, and I notice how flushed he looks as he begins to drive.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah, fine." He tells me as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"Whatever, wake me when we get there." I tell him before drifting off to sleep.

(Skip to Davina's and Aria's Family Cabin)

I suddenly wake up to glass shattering, and I look around to see that it's dark out and Klaus is gone. I then step outside of the car to see I'm in the middle of the forest.

"Enough games, Davina! Send out my father! Let's finish this." I hear Klaus shout, and I turn to see him in front of a smashed window near the cabin.

"Klaus!" I shout at him in anger as I run over to him.

"Hello, boy." Mikael suddenly walks out onto the porch "You seem rather impatient. Are you so eager to meet your end?" He asks Klaus.

"I'm only eager to stand over your burning corpse again. Only this time, I intend to enjoy it more." Klaus tells him, and Mikael walks down the stairs of the front porch and approaches us.

"I've travelled all the way back from hell for this moment." Mikael tells Klaus before glancing at me "And guess I could do with a snack." He tells me, and I look at him confused. He drinks vampire blood?

"Well, then, I'd hate to keep you waiting!" Klaus refers to what Mikael just told him, and lunges for him so the two begin fighting.

As I stand back due to me knowing I have no chance against Mikael, I notice Mikael clearly has the upper hand. He eventually kicks Klaus down onto the ground, and then kicks him again so that he's laying flat on his back. He grabs Klaus in a choke-hold and is about to stake him until I see what looks like Papa Tunde's blade. I pick it up before rushing over to Mikael with Vamp speed, but before I can stake him, he bites my arm, so I quickly swap the hands with the stake and stake him it in the back, and he falls to the ground in pain and passes out.

"Thanks, but I could of handled it." Klaus tells me as he takes the white oak stake from Mikael's hand.

"Well I can tell you It's easier to put that thing in an originals, especially the second time." I send a little smirk to Klaus as Cami appears out of nowhere, panting and trying to catch her breath.

"Where is she? If something happened to her, Klaus, I swear to God-" Cami tries to say, but Klaus cuts her off.

"-Davina's fine. She'll wake with a spectacular headache, but given her intentions for me, she should count herself lucky." Klaus tells her, and I'm about to go check on her but I look at how Klaus and Cami are and I get drawn in "'Course, if you drop dead of a heart attack, I may have to kill her on general principle." He tells her, and I shake my head at Klaus.

"You're the one that ditched me at the bar! I had to hitch-hike and then run on the backroads of the Bayou!" Cami tells him breathless.

"Well, your perseverance is duly noted." Klaus says amused, but Cami seems annoyed.

"Oh, shut up! I'm so mad at you, I can hardly speak. But, I am here, and it is to tell you, not to bargain with you, and not to shame you, but to tell you under no circumstances will you hurt that girl, do you understand me?" Cami says breathlessly, and Klaus opens his mouth to say something snarky, but when he sees just how frustrated Cami is, he reconsiders his position.

"You have my word." Klaus tells her, and Cami smiles slightly before rushing to Klaus and giving him a hug. I look at Klaus's surprised face, and he glances over at me so I give him a wink before turning towards the cabin and heading in that direction.

I then looks down at my wrist to see it just now healing from when Mikael bit me, it must be from the lack of blood.