Devotion

[Editedʕ•ᴥ•ʔ] 

[Boros's POV]

Everything around me has gone into slow motion and blurry as I buried my face into my Queen's hair. I peered up slightly to see her silvery white hair slowly fading back to the blood red color that I love so much and through my blurry vision, I saw the other heroes approaching me. I ignored them and buried my face back into my Queen's hair.     

After I injected the solutions into [Y/N], her body stopped working immediately and the infected heroes and citizens regained their consciousness. Genos helped pin down the man who had caused all of this and his frustrated screams are nothing more than echoes ringing in my ears. 

I tightened my embrace around my fallen Queen, absorbing all of her remaining warmth before her skin became icy cold. This is the second time that I've let my Queen died in my arms. How could I let this happen again? Why? 

I can't even revive her like last time. Her blood within my veins is all gone, there's nothing left of her but my own blood. "[Y/N]...My Queen..." My voice muffled as I closed up whatever gap was between us. 

Then, the ringing in my ears began to clear up to be replaced by a deafening sound of a flying object. I looked up slightly to see what a human called a helicopter landing at a clear area. [Y/N]'s parents and the little boy came out of the flying object and approached us. Their eyes reflected just as much emotions as I am - Guilt, regrets, shock, confusion and helplessness. 

[Y/N]'s mother knelt down beside me and gently touched her daughter's cold cheek. "Oh, [Y/N], daughter of mine." She murmured. 

[Y/N]'s father just stood behind his wife, looking down at his daughter's face with an unreadable expression while the boy that resembles my Queen just stared at the lifeless girl in my arms. 

"Sister is here." The little boy mumbled in a soft voice. 

I looked at him, confused. 

"No, silly. She's not here anymore." [Y/N]'s mother sighed heavily. 

The little boy shook his head. "Sister is here." His tiny hand fished into his pocket and reached out for a small veil of blood. 

My eye widened as I stared at the blood in his hand. There is small trace of [Y/N]'s blood left in the little human's hand! 

"The amount is too little, [B/N]. It's not enough to fight whatever was injected into her body." [Y/N]'s father mentioned. 

But I'm not going to give up hope! I stood up while carrying my Queen in my arms. "Please! We have to try!" I begged wholeheartedly. 

"Yes, you can try. From my calculations, there is about 2% chance that it might revived [Y/N]." Genos stated from behind me as he continued to pin down the purple hair human who kept struggling to get free. 

"It's hopeless, you'll never revive her! My creation is built to destroy all your beliefs in science, to destroy all that is in her!" The purple hair man laughed. Saitama approached him and gave the hardest flick that I've ever seen to his forehead, causing the man to pass out. 

"That should shut him up." Saitama commented before looking at [Y/N]'s parents. "Do try whatever you can. We have nothing to lose."

[Y/N]'s mother stood on her feet and nodded. "We won't know how long it will take, Boros. Are you willing to wait? We don't even know if she will remember you even if she does wakes up." 

I gazed at my Queen's face, a tear escaped from my eye and landed on her cheek. "I will wait no matter how long." I vowed. 

 A few years passed~

8 years have passed by painfully slow. Everyday I would head back to the empty apartment after a mission and I could only imagined [Y/N] coming up to me to greet me. Every time I looked at a certain area of the room,  an illusion of [Y/N] keeps appearing. 

On my free days, I visited [Y/N]'s parents to check up on her. I was told to stand behind the glass room where my Queen was sleeping in. Nothing had changed as I sat there for the past 8 years and just took in her features. I could not even touch her but I had no gave up hope. I know that [Y/N] will wake up one day and I will be the first one there to greet her.  

Today, I'm leaving our apartment for good. [Y/N]'s parents had invited me to live with them so I could visit [Y/N] everyday and I accepted the offer. 

"Looks like you're really leaving." 

I turned to see Saitama and Genos coming out of their apartment before looking back into our empty one.

"Yeah, I'll be closer to [Y/N] if I live with her parents." I replied. 

Saitama walked passed me but not before patting my back. "Let us know when she wakes up." 

"Yeah." 

Saitama left and Genos followed him after bowing slightly to me. 

My eye never left the apartment as I continued to stand by the doorway. "How bittersweet..." I let out a sad smile. I closed my eye and instantly, [Y/N]'s voice echoed in my ears. 

Welcome home, Boros! What are you doing by the doorway? Come in quickly~ I have something to show you.

"I'm home, my Queen." I whispered, my heart had never felt heavier.

"Who are you talking to, Boros?" 

My head snapped up instantly and turned around to see someone standing behind me. 

"[Y-Y-Y-Y/N]..." My words got caught in my throat. My field of vision could only focus on a girl in front of me. Her long red hair flows majestically around her, her sea green eyes gazed up at me with a mix of longing and pure love reflected in them. I'd never seen anything more beautiful. 

"I'm home, Boros." She said in a sweet, velvety voice. 

My arms wrapped around her before I could even think. "Welcome home, my Queen." 

That day was the day I've cried the hardest.

-End-