A Small Crack In A Big Castle's Stone

We've been trapped in SAO for a month now. We can't find the first dungeon. So far, 2,000 people have died. I can't believe he'd do this. Why? It's a question I want to find the answer for. There is going to be a meeting held today to try and find answers for where the first dungeon is. Even Beta Testers will be there... but I'm not going. I may be smart and have high skills, but I'm not good enough to help with this. I would rather just work on my levels and a place to stay.
I slowly walked through the Town, keeping my head slightly low. Nobody questioned my eyes much, only assuming that I found a code and claimed a prize before logging in. Others think I hacked it in for myself. People think I'm a Beta Tester, but instead say I'm too young looking and wave the idea away. I am a Beta Tester. So what? I had as much knowledge about this game as the others when we tested it. I had as much shock as everyone else when we got stuck here. I also had as much shock as when one of my new friends died. Yesterday, my friend died. Someone I looked up to. I wish I got to know them irl. But, I did manage to do something for them instead so they could, in a way, continue on living.
I scanned and copied them to my Nerve Gear memory. All of their memories, feelings, and characteristics. Appearance, speed, and strength. All of it. In a way, it feels like I saved their soul.
But I just feel hollow about it.
I reached the outskirts and cut through a monster, shards flying through my long hair like rain filled wind. I wasn't going to lose this fight. I would win freedom for myself and everyone else. I did it once, so I could do it again. I wasn't going to let anyone die if they're right in front of me. Not again.
I let out a yell as I got faster, monsters running to me like moths to a light. I sliced through them, leaving red marks from my weapon as the shattered behind me every second. I narrowed my eyes in anger as a stronger monster appeared at being lvl 10. I ran towards it and aimed my sword. Letting out a scream, I ran through it, slashing it to shreds. I stopped and fell to my knees, panting. As I was about to stand up there was a beep as an icon appeared in front of me, indicating I had a message. I tapped it. Wouldn't you know. It's from the Beta Tester himself.

To: Shiramane
From: Kirito
Subject: Meeting
------------------------------
Hey, where are you? We're about to start and I figured you'd be here. Listen. You may be angry and trying to work up your levels, I get that, but come to the meeting. We're going to storm the dungeon in a group and take on the first boss. You need to be here for this.

I sighed. That Kirito. I was hoping to not go, knowing it would bring me stress, and that was the last thing I needed. I had decided.
Better to die from my own hands than someone else's.
I stood up and gripped my weapon tightly in my right hand, making my way back to town.

I reached the meeting area and they were in groups together, talking and smiling. I quickly looked around, a red blush falling onto my face out of embarrassment and panic; we needed to make teams? Together?
I started breathing quickly without noticing and turning pale. A voice stopped me from continuing.
"Shima!" I looked to see Kirito quickly waving at me. I made my way over to where he and a girl in a cloak were sitting. "We need to be in teams. Do you just want to join us?" He asked.
I stared for a moment. I shook my head slowly. "Mm-mmm. It's okay. I can handle myself on a one person team."
He looked at me in a way I didn't understand anymore. "Shima... its not a good idea. They said to make teams, so it's for the best."
"And I think it's for the best if I'm on a team by myself," I said louder, taking a step forward. A few people nearby looked at me before looking away. "Kirito, I can carry my own weight and prefer it much more. I can work alongside others no problem, especially you, but right now, I'm having some issues putting trust in others. I trust you because I knew you before we got trapped in this death game. And my friend from the other day... I trusted him because I actually knew him. Now, if you'll excuse me," I bowed, "I'll be going." I turned and walked away, equiping my own grey cloak and pulling up the hood, walking away.
Okay. So I lied. I didn't save my friend's life by scanning him to a computer. I've only created myself guilt by letting one of my childhood internet friends die in front of me, by the fault and weakness of my own hand. And heart.
All I've done by scanning them to my NerveGear memory... is created a bot to help me and talk to me later in the game for comfort. I'll have this guilt for as long as I live, until the day I die.

Having enough money from fighting in the field, I finally managed to purchase a temporary house. It was small with wooden flooring and walls, large windows and curtains decorating the empty room. For furniture there was a bed, a desk and chair, and a side table. I closed the curtains and locked my door, watching the sun set through a slit in my curtains.
I immediately felt my heart rate spike and a memory resurfaced in my mind, making me panic.

He left me here. He left me to die. He didn't warn me. He doesn't care. At all.

I didn't even notice I was breathing quickly and shortly as I staggered towards my bed. My vision grew dark. I fell onto my bed, falling unconscious.