Smart Little Girl

Upon waking from a nap, I recieved a message.
It was from Kirito.
I sat up, grumbling to myself and scratching the back of my head. The sun was set and it was dark. I tapped on the icon and my blood froze.

From: Kirito
Subject: URGENT

My heart starten to beat quicker, I opened the message.

Shira,
I know I should have said something sooner, but better late than never, right? Well, listen good and listen well, because we'll need your assistance with what we've figured out.
A murder in a safe zone.
Seems impossible, right?
Well, yeah, it really is.
But faking one isn't.
Meet Asuna and I here, at the 61st Floor, in 15 minutes.
We need you, Shiramane.
Help a fellow Beater once more, will you?

I stared. The message was sent eight minutes ago. I quickly stood up and pulled out a Teleportation Crystal. "Teleport - Selmburg!" I shattered. Once I reformed in Selmburg, I began to run to my destination.

Come on... almost there.

I arrived at the location just as Kirito stopped explaining things to Asuna. We got up and were on our way.
Arriving at the 19th Floor, Kirito and I began running. He got on a horse while I ran after him. I may not have looked it, but I could be fast. This was a time I was. In the distance, slowly growing closer among the mist and trees, was a group of people that Kirito stopped not far from.
And that's when I felt it; the overwhelming feeling of sickening death. Only one thing made me feel that way ever since my first friend died here -
Laughing Coffin. The murder Guild.
As I continued to get closer I suddenly fell over, blacking out.

Why now? Why black out now? Did a member of Laughing Coffin hit me with something?
I heard a chuckle which put an end to my pointless questions.
But that didn't last long. This voice brought out a new question.
"Why?" I asked, eyes closed.
"Why what?" I hated that voice.
I opened my eyes to see whom I'd expected; Akihiko Kayaba. "Why did you bring me here? Why now?"
He closed his eyes and smiled. "Naive. You're the same as ever, little Shira. I pulled you away from that world because-" he opened his eyes, almost smirking, "-because you aren't smart enough for this job."
I flinched, not expecting his honesty. "I'm... pardon?"
He smiled brightly. "Not smart enough. Shira-"
"No." He had reminded me of my name again.
He nodded. "Oh yes yes, that's right. You hate your real name now. Alright. But what I was saying was... you're not smart enough. Shiramane, you're more of a tech-head - not mystery solver. If you tried hard, you could be. But at this current state of mind and age? No way."
I listened to him with more interest than I would have liked. "Okay...?"
He nodded again. "Yes. But keep trying, alright? Now go. Your friends are probably worried!" He smiled brightly at me, and for a moment, I almost missed it.
The space with Akihiko faded, and I felt hands shaking me awake. Two pairs of hands pulled me up, and I stood walking with Kirito and Asuna. I looked behind us as we turned around, and saw a sunset with the tree. We were much closer than I had been when I'd blacked out. Something caught my eye next to the tree and I focused on it; a woman.
I stared. Who could it be?
"That's Grizelda..." Kirito said. "If you're seeing a woman next to the tree, that is. But don't look away - she'll be gone before you know it." I blinked, and my eyes widened. I drew in a breath as the woman, Grizelda, was now gone. I heard Kirito chuckle. "See? Told you." He said in a mocking tone.
"We're getting some food. Wanna join us?" Asuna asked.
I took a moment but nodded weakly. "Yeah... sure... I'm tired, but sure."
Asuna smiled more. "That's alright. You'll be back to yourself after a meal."
I nodded. "Right..."
Kirito grinned next to me.

...
Tell me.
Why me? Of all people...
Why choose to talk to me, Akihiko?
You should have given up a long time ago.
But with your persistence, you've made me listen.
What are you preparing me for?
I'm becoming more independent with each passing day.
What is your intended purpose of this?
Answer me, Akihiko...
Or are you waiting for something? If so, what is it?
Heh... you'll never tell me.
But, in the end, please do.

Please let me hear your voice of honesty once more.

Just once.