Chapter 10

It was Saturday afternoon. Bridgette was down at the bakery helping her parents. She oversaw the cash register while her parents baked and sorted out more pastries.

"Thank you for coming! Welcome!" Bridgette felt as if someone pressed the repeat button on her back. She lost count of how many times she said these words.

"Okay Bridgette. I think we'll be okay from here on out. You can go back upstairs if you'd like." Her mother came in to relieve her of her duties.

"You sure?"
Sabine chuckled, "Yes sweetie. We'll be fine."

"Okay maman!" Bri pecked her mother on the cheek and headed upstairs.

She went up to her room to find her adorable white cat, "Tikki!" The little white fur ball came from under her desk when her name was called. "Wanna take a bath?"

"Mew!" Tikki started waving her tail a little faster.

"Come on missy." Bri picked up her cat and went downstairs towards the bathroom.

It was a blessing that she somehow got maybe the only cat that didn't hate water. It made bathing her that much easier. When she finished, she wrapped a towel around her and took her to the living room so she could be dried. "You are so precious when you're not hiding my stuff," she cooed as she kissed Tikki's cheek.

"Mrow." Tikki's blue eyes met her owners before she closed them and let out a purr.

*****

"Plagg! What did you do?!"

Felix grabbed his cat off the floor from the sack of flour. The chefs alerted him that Plagg had somehow snuck into the kitchen and started clawing at the sack of flour. "You just had a bath earlier this week!" Felix grunted. He removed the feline from the kitchen and headed towards his room. He went into his private bathroom and locked the door. Plagg immediately tried to get out of his grip. No luck. Felix had his black, who was now completely white, fur ball tucked securely under his arm.

As he ran the water in the bathtub, he went and grabbed a towel. Knowing his cat, it was about to get a little messy.

"Mrow!!!"

"Well who was the one that got dirty? We wouldn't have to do this if you had just behaved, now would we?"

"Mroowww!" Plagg let out a whine. It was a fight as Plagg kept struggling to get free. Felix struggled to keep one hand on the cat and using the other to rinse him off.

Not long later, he had his cat black again. Felix proceeded to dry him with a towel. "What am I going to do with you?"

"Mrow," Plagg meowed in annoyance to the question that didn't need an answer.

Now Felix had to change out of his current clothes because he was covered in flour and was wet from the cat bath. He had to change anyways because he was attending a business dinner with his father later that evening. His father thought it would be best for Felix to accompany him every now and then so he could get a feel of the business.

He always knew where his life was headed. Mr. Agreste was the type of man to have everything planned, including his son's future. Felix was fully prepared for this. But sometimes...the air felt just a little too tight to breathe through.

*****

Later that evening, it finally became dark out. Bridgette felt it to be a good idea to water the plants on her balcony. While she did that, she tried to pick a movie to watch in her head for when she was done. Her parents had decided to go out on a date that night.