Chapter 16.5 Part 2

There was a knock at his door. Felix slowly opened his eyes feeling exhausted from lack of sleep. "Yes?" He grunted.

The person began speaking on the other side of the door. "Felix, it's Nathalie. Please wake up and get ready for brunch with your father at 11. Dress appropriately." He could hear her heels walking away after that.

Felix let out a low groan as he plopped his head back onto his pillow. What time is it? He felt too tired for it to be around brunch time. Sundays were usually his only days he could sleep in a little. He turned his head to face his clock on his nightstand. It was 9:27 am. He let out another groan, this time a bit louder as he tried to rub his eyes to help him wake up.

He felt Plagg shift on the pillow next to his. He opened his eyes and raised his head to look at his owner.

Felix took notice of him, "Oh, did I wake you your highness?" He let out a soft chuckle as he reached a hand over to rub the side of the feline's stomach. Plagg then crawled a little forward, reached out a paw, and tapped Felix's mouth. "Oh, am I too noisy for you?" Plagg tapped at his mouth again before returning to his pillow, only this time turning his body around to face the opposite direction.

He took that as his cue to get out of bed. He walked towards his windows. The sun wasn't as bright this morning with all the clouds surrounding it. There were maybe only one or two birds in the sky. He looked to the streets and saw very few people walking along the sidewalks.

Felix walked into his bathroom. He walked up to the sink and looked at his reflection in the mirror above it. Every morning, he woke up with his hair looking wild. His bangs weren't combed to the side, and his sides were going in different directions, downwards and sideways, towards his face and back. His hair wasn't that long, but he had enough for it to have a mind of its own. Something about it felt...right. If he could leave it like this always, he would. He let out a sigh and then proceeded to take a shower.

There was an awkward silence inside the limo between him and his father. That is, until his father spoke up, "We will be having brunch with Mr. Duet and his daughter. I thought you should know before we arrive. Make sure to leave a good impression, and before we leave, make sure to give Ms. Duet a proper 'goodbye.'"

Felix stayed silent for a moment. Of course, it was unusual for his father to make plans with him out of nowhere. "Yes father," was all he could say.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Mr. Duet and Ms. Alice were already there. Felix didn't miss the several paparazzi men that had followed them.

"Ah, Gabriel! Welcome!" Mr. Duet stood to shake both Mr. Agreste's and Felix's hands.

"Good to see you again Mathew," Mr. Agreste greeted back. "You as well Ms. Duet."

Felix wasn't in the mood, but he had no choice. He reached a hand out to Alice to shake her hand. "It's nice to meet you again Alice." She was wearing a white blouse and a blue skirt with blue flats. Her hair was braided into a low bun, leaving her face clear enough that Felix didn't miss the way she blushed.

"N-nice to see – I m-mean, meet you again." She shook his hand and sat back down quickly. Her father let out a hearty chuckle at his daughter.

As time passed, "I do hope you are able to attend this Saturday Mathew."

"Of course! I am curious to see what you have planned this year Gabriel."

As both men chattered away, Felix knew he had to make conversation as well. Even if he wasn't interested. "So how have you been Alice?" He directed his attention towards the girl next him. Lucky for him, the table was circular so there was still some distance.

Alice jumped a little in her seat, surprised by his sudden question. "I'm f-fine. Thank you for asking. H-how are you Felix?"

"I'm fine as well, thank you." Now what? "Will you be coming to my father's Fashion Show this Saturday as well?"

Her face lit up, "Yes! I am so excited! I am a huge fan of your father's work. Is it really themed after Halloween?"

"Yes. My father likes to use the holidays to help inspire him. We should be expecting one for Christmas too."

She let out a giggle. "Can I have any hints on what we'll be seeing this weekend?"

"I'm sorry, but my father would probably say that it's Top Secret."

She continued laughing and tried to keep the conversation going. "So, do public schools do anything for the holidays?"

Felix felt his own body tense up a little but tried to play it off. "I wouldn't know," he lied. "I don't bother to get involved with school activities. My schedule after school keeps me plenty busy."

As more time passed, the whole table were conversing with one another. Until Mr. Agreste finally said, "This was pleasant, but I feel that I should be getting back to my company. There's still much work to be done."

"Of course! I look forward to it!" Both men stood for a final hand shake. Felix looked to his father and saw his nod towards him. It was small and unnoticeable to others, but Felix could already tell what he wanted him to do.

Felix stood. Alice stood up after him following everyone else at the table. He held out a hand to her for a final handshake as well. She held out her hand to return the gesture. With her hand in his, "We hope to see you next weekend as well Ms. Alice," he said before bending a little over, raising her hand to his face. He pressed his lips lightly to the back of her hand before letting it go.

Alice's face went red as she managed to stutter out, "Y-yes, of c-course!" She squeaked a little too loudly.

Mr. Agreste and Felix were back inside the limo on their way to his company's building. Felix was already told by his father and Nathalie that his schedule was changed around drastically for the week. Every day after school, he was to go straight to his father's building. Today, he was to go along with his father to be fitted for a new suit.

Once they arrived at the building, his father escorted him to a room where he will be getting measured. Before leaving him, his father spoke a few more words to him. "You did well this morning. Do keep it up."

Before Felix could say anything, his father had already left the room. What was there to say anyways? He let out a heavy sigh. One of tailors walked up to him and notified that she would be measuring him. He then let his body be moved around by her, following every instruction given to him. He looked around the room. Was it him, or did it feel like the walls were closing in?