Chapter 19

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Miss Juleka Couffaine to the stage!

"Doesn't Juleka look amazing up there?" Melodie gushed as she placed a hand over her heart.

"I didn't know Juleka could sing," Claude commented.

"Well I never really heard her myself but she must be good if they offered her a spot on stage," Melodie replied.

When Juleka began singing, the rest of the crowd formed into couples.

Melodie was in awe of Juleka's voice. She looked to her date, "Let's go dance Claude," she smiled at him.

"Weren't we waiting for Bridgette?" Claude replied, not taking the hint.

Felix however, managed to pick up on it. "It's alright, I'll go find her. You two go on ahead." Before he began walking away, Claude grabbed him by the shoulder. "What is it?"

Claude smiled at his friend, "Remember what I told you, just have fun and try to relax."

Felix nodded and smiled a little at him, "Thanks." Claude let him go and Felix headed on over to the refreshment's table. Felix crossed through the dance floor in search of Bridgette. She's too short to look for in this crowd, he thought before chuckling lightly in his head. Bridgette would probably bite off his head if she heard him say that.

Felix still can't quite put into words what kind of person Bridgette was. She comes off as nice but would probably put you in your place when needed.

The first time he ever saw her, he was walking down the school's hallways for the first time. She was with some of their female classmates and a few other random girls trying to get a better look at him at school. He thought she was just another annoying fan and never really talked to her at the beginning of the year. The first time he officially talked to her was when she jumped out of nowhere and crashed into him that one morning.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Felix's driver had just dropped him off at the side entrance of the school. There's no one over here. I should come this way more often, he thought to himself. As he walked up the path towards the school, he heard some noises behind the bushes and trees. He looked to his side and out from over the bushes she jumped at him. He didn't know whether to run away or catch her. His late reaction caused her to crash into him.

"Aaahh!" She screamed.

"Agh!" He couldn't help but yell as they both fell to the ground, him catching her fall. Surprisingly, this wouldn't be the first time a girl jumped at him.

"Oww!" The girl cried out. "Oh my god, I am so so so so sorry! Are you okay?" The girl began to apologize.

Felix looked up at her before realizing it was Bridgette from his class. Several things ran through his mind: his butt was in pain, how did a girl so short and light bring him down to the ground? Is this what her voice sounds like?

When she finally opened her eyes to look at him, they widened at the realization it was him she crashed into. "Felix! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

He looked into her eyes. He didn't realize how blue they were, but then the pain in his lower back came back and he began to feel irritated. He shot an annoyed look at her, "I will be once you get off of me." He began to pull away from her.

She immediately got off of him and stood up, "Oh, right, I'm sorry!" She frantically apologized again. "Here, let me help you up," she offered him her hand.