Chapter 21.5

In Between Chapter 21

I apologize for spelling and grammar errors. I just really wanted to post this ASAP

It was Sunday afternoon. The day was cool, the sky was clear, and Felix was dreading every minute of it.

"Should we grab some ice cream Felix?" Alice suggested as she pointed to an ice cream cart.

Felix snapped out of his daze to turn to the strawberry blonde. "I think it may be too cold for ice cream right now," he replied.

"O-oh, of course. You're right," Alice's face flushed with embarrassment.

They strode through the park, as Felix didn't really know where else to go.

Alice was fidgeting with her hands, trying to continue the conversation. "So how is public school?" She asked.

Felix stared off into the distance, "It's going well. The work is pretty easy."

"Well that's good. I've asked my father multiple times to let me attend public school, but he won't budge," she chuckled nervously.

"Why not? Also, why do you want to attend? Are you unhappy with your tutors?" Felix replied.

"Oh, no, they're all wonderful! It's just," she began, "I would maybe like to try something different." Felix missed the way Alice snuck a glance at him before continuing, "Also, my father can be a little overprotective."

Felix thought of his own father. "I can relate to that."

"Right!" Alice giggled.

She had a nice, genuine laugh, Felix thought. He turned his head to look at her. In the right lighting, her hair could almost come close to a sunset in the sky, her eyes were green like emeralds, and she always had a hint of blush to her cheeks. Or was that just the cool wind blowing against her face?

"F-Felix?" Alice called out nervously.

Felix shook his head out of confusion. "I'm sorry, what?"

"What are you staring at? Oh my god, do I have something on my face?" Alice immediately pulled out a mini compact mirror out of her satchel.

Felix couldn't help but let out a light chuckle. "No, everything's fine. I was just lost in thought. I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable."

"O-oh not at all," she blushed as she looked away. They continued walking for a couple of minutes. Alice kept fumbling with her fingers, trying to find a way to break the silence. "How are your friends from school?"

Felix looked upward towards the sky. "They're great. I've never met a bunch like them before entering public school."

Alice smiled, "That must be nice. I'm happy for you." She took a moment to blink a couple of times, thinking. "M-might I ask, who's your favorite person there?" She asked nervously.

Felix's mind flashed a series of pictures in his head of a sweet smile in red. "I-I suppose that would be my friend Claude," he managed to say quickly enough. "He's been very friendly to me since the beginning of the year when I didn't know anyone."

Alice perked up a little, "That's wonderful!" She said a little too excitedly. "I-I mean for you that is, of course," she giggled shyly.

Felix remembered the night of the dance when Claude helped him out. His first experience at a school event, all the dancing and laughter that went on, and the brunette who helped him loosen up a little for that night. He aimed his head up and gave the sky a gentle smile, "Yeah, he's a good friend."

Just then, Alice and Felix heard a series of camera snaps and were flooded with flashes from the paparazzi. Felix winced a little at the brightness of the cameras, while Alice nervously waved at them.

"Shall we call this a day Miss Duet?" Felix suggested.

"O-oh, yes I suppose we should," Alice replied. She seemed a little dejected but agreed nonetheless. As they walked back towards his town car, Felix noticed a hint of familiar dark, brown hair in the distance. He didn't think much of it though and disregarded it immediately.