Chapter 15

Bridgette woke up to her phone vibrating from a call. She slowly opened her eyes as they adjusted to the brightness of her phone. It was Melodie calling. She pressed 'Accept' and put her phone up to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me. You up?"

"Now I am," she yawned.

"Sorry. I was calling to ask if I could borrow a pair of tights? Manon ripped one of mine this morning and there wasn't time to do laundry. I'm almost to your house."

"Yeah, that's fine. I'll meet you down there."

"Okay, thank you!" Bridgette hung up her phone and got out of bed. She switched out of her pink shorts to put on some pink pajama pants. She went to her mirror to check if her face looked alright. It was getting better. She still had some dark circles from the other night and had to put on some foundation so others wouldn't notice yesterday. Thank god for makeup. She quickly put a little under her eyes so Melodie wouldn't notice when she arrived. She thought back to yesterday after school when Felix picked up her pencil, and how he stared at her. Did he notice her eyes? Could he tell she was wearing makeup? Nah, he wouldn't think about such things, she thought.

Bridgette headed downstairs to use the restroom. Afterwards, she headed towards their side door that led outside. There was a knock on the door. Bridgette opened the door to her friend standing outside.

"Hey girl. Your queen has arrived," Melodie grinned as she put her hands on her hips and posed.

Bridgette giggled, "Welcome your highness," she said as she gestured for her to come inside. She looked up and down at her friend. "Did you walk here in your pajamas?"

Melodie looked down at her clothes. She wore a lilac colored cardigan, a dark, purple t-shirt, and grey polka-dotted pajama pants stuffed into some chestnut UGG knockoff boots. "Yeah, I figured there was no point in getting fully dressed without the tights," she chuckled. Bridgette noticed Melodie's duffle bag was more stuffed than usual. The rest of her practice and school clothes must be in there, she guessed.

"I suppose you're right. Okay, follow me." Bridgette led the way upstairs to her room. When they reached her room, she walked over to her dresser and pulled out an extra pair of black tights and handed them to Melodie as they proceeded to get dressed. Melodie stayed in her purple shirt, while Bridgette switched to a loose, white tee with huge black, polka dots.

"I'm so glad we're both the same size," Melodie said as they both laughed.

"I'm sure you are," she replied trying to put her hair into a high bun. Melodie was next to her trying to put her own hair into a high ponytail. When done with her hair, Bridgette looked down. "Hey Mel?"

"Hm?" Melodie hummed in response with a bobby pin in her mouth.

"Do you think that maybe," she started.

"Maybe what?" Melodie asked without looking away from her reflection.

"Maybe we don't sit with Claude and Felix at lunch today?"

She looked at her. "Why?" Bridgette didn't say anything. "Is this about what happened last week? I thought it was already taken care of? I mean, we still don't have to sit with them, but why now?"

Bridgette didn't say anything and only grimaced.

Melodie put down her hairbrush and grabbed Bridgette. "Did something else happen?" She didn't reply. Melodie walked her over to her bed for both of them to sit down. "What happened?"