Chapter 14

Claude and Felix were found hanging out in the library as usual. The other tables were being occupied more and more each day by other female students.

Claude looked around. "You think we should spend our mornings elsewhere Felix?" He chuckled.

"We? I always come here. You just happen to join me," he said without looking away from his book.

Claude put his hand to his chest pretending to be offended, "So rude. And here I thought this was our official meeting spot."

"So why exactly do you say we need to move?"

"Oh, NOW it's 'we?'"

Felix looked up at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop," he chuckled. "Anyways, as I was saying. Don't you feel uncomfortable with all of them staring? I mean, I don't mind. I actually feel flattered by the attention," he smirked. "But I know you have a different opinion."

Felix shifted his eyes back to his book. "They will stare no matter where we are. At least here, they can't make too much of a fuss or noise. It's still a library after all," he pointed out.

"You've got a point, Mr. Popular."

Felix winced at the name.

"So anyways," he continued, "has anyone caught your eye?"

"Meaning?"

"You know," he leaned in closer so they wouldn't be heard, "Have you found a girl you might like yet?"

Felix looked up at him. "No. I thought I already told you I have no interest in romance."

"Really? I thought you only meant in book genres. You're like what, 16? And you're not interested in anybody?"

"I'll be 16 next month. Also, not everyone needs a love interest."

Claude started to shout, "YOU'RE BIR – HRMPH!" Felix jumped up to cover Claude's mouth.

"Don't. They'll hear you." He warned as he took off his hand.

Claude tried to get his breathing back to normal, "Don't do that! You scared me!"

"Keep your voice down. We're still in a library in case you've forgotten."

"Sorry, sorry," Claude apologized. He leaned in closer again so the girls couldn't hear him, "I didn't know your birthday was next month?"

"That's because I didn't tell you." Not only did Felix not want to trouble people, he also didn't want people to trouble him.

At the beginning of the school year, once word got around that Gabriel Agreste's son was attending public school, over half the school went crazy. During the first week, he was asked to take many pictures. He was able to refuse about 95% of them. The second week was filled with many question from the female students. Questions like, how tall was he, and what did he like? And the third week, several girls kept trying to offer sweets, love letters, and other small gifts to him.

"But wait, couldn't people look up your birthday, like on the internet or something?" Claude asked.

"I'm not sure. My father was very strict on what information he gives out, and birthday dates were a very private thing to us." Felix has tried to look up his birthday online before. Luckily, he couldn't find it. Only dates people thought it was on, such as, in August or in March. He hoped it stayed that way, but he'll find out when the day comes.

"Can I know when it is? You know, since we're friends and all."

"No. Knowing you, you'll probably make a big deal about it."