Don't question your situation, it only ends up becoming worse

Dylan's picture ------>

My predictions were correct. Violet did flip when she heard about Liam knowing that it was me who sent the letter. We all expected some sort of response from him but the week went on uneventfully.

Today, a week had exactly passed since that day. The day passed by and we had given up all hopes of something happening much to Violet’s happiness and my disappointment. I mean, I knew it was selfish of me but shouldn’t the guy actually ask me?

I took my mind of the letter problem for some time and thought of Dylan. I had first seen him in the dance room. He had entered with his friends greatly resembling an angel. I had never believed in love at first sight but that day I did. He was everything I wanted in a guy. 

The bell rang and I looked at my friends.

Taylor was going through the chemistry notes. Violet was taking snapshots of my register with her tablet and Emma was looking at me.

“What’s up?”, she asked.

“I’m trying to forget him. But I can’t.”

Neither of us needed to think much as to who I was referring to.

“I understand Ash.”

I turned to my friends and told them ,”I’m going to try my best to forget him. So if we see him in the bus stop, don’t tell me, I don’t want to see him.”

“Best of luck doing that,” snorted Violet. She was just lucky that I was feeling miserable and not murderous today.

“We understand Ash and we will do as you say,” said Taylor. I knew I could trust her ,”But what about Liam?”

Violet jerked and listened with utmost attention. This time it was Emma’s turn to snort as I said ,”He is a gay, I don’t expect anything from him”

“I second you on that mate” said Emma as we both high-fived and Taylor shook her head disapprovingly at us.

“He is not gay. He is just a….gentleman,” with that Violet got up and left with our disbelieving stares behind her.

We were currently standing in the bus stop looking for our buses. Suddenly Taylor tapped my shoulder and said, “Ashley, look, is that him?”

I looked over to where she was pointing, and sure enough, Dylan was leaning against my bus with his friends around him. I turned and glared at Taylor, who understood what she had done. The other two burst into laughter but Emma stopped as soon as she saw Drake.

I looked down and walked past the guy who resembled Adonis so much. His smile enough can make me faint. I climbed my bus and stomped my way to my seat. Some idiot had taken my seat. Why the fuck is this day so miserable?

I sat down in my least favorite seat- the seat which has no seat in front of it. Don’t even ask me why there is such a seat, I don’t know. My seat was taken because the boys had moved one seat back. Those idiots!

I sat, and as usual started listening to music. My stop reached and I gathered my things. Rishika, another girl in my stop got up and let me go in front of her. When I was in front of Liam, his best friend Jason said, “He loves you.”

I stopped and stared bewildered at him. Liam liked me? Oh my god. I quickly ran out of the bus and started walking away.

As I made my way to my house I thought, “So, my situation can get worse.”