The beginning of the end

"You mean that he now knows that you don't like him and he is fine with that?" asked Emma.

I nodded happily and said, "Yeah I explained everything except the part about Violet liking him."

Violet and Emma smiled and hugged me and I hugged them back.

Summer vacations were over and I was very nervous about how I will face Liam. Then I decided that maybe it was better if I just ignored him because Violet might not like it if I became his best friend. So in the morning I hadn't looked at him and I saw that I had broke his heart when he turned back and looked desperately at me. But I was firm, I didn't want to get closer to him- it will be dangerous.

"Anyway, I have to go to the canteen.....any of you people coming with me?" asked Emma.

Violet nodded and followed her leaving me and Taylor alone.

I noticed that Taylor hadn't said anything and she was staring out of the window.

"Did you believe what he said?" she asked me.

I shook my head and said, "No but I understand that he doesn't want me to think that way especially since I told him that I don't have feelings for him."

"Ashley...." she said. I got scared.....when she says my full name that means she had bad news.

"I don't think he is over you," she continued, "especially after you ignored him, he is going to be very hurt."

I said, "But if I get closer and he again falls for me, think about Violet. If I stay away, he will get over it."

She sighed and said, "If you think so. But I have a very bad feeling about it."

I laughed and said, "Don't jump into conclusions, my love. Things will be fine.....I mean now what more can happen. Drama is over."

I had no idea how wrong I was