Your deeds will in the end fall on your head only

• Dedicated to My best friend's crush

In the side is Liam's pic

I gazed into the tablet as I continued to play temple run. The dude in the game fell into the water. I just stared at him and looked up from the tablet to observe my friends.

Taylor was sitting in her seat with her eyes fixed on her laptop. She was making a story of what was happening to us. We were allowed to bring tabs and laptops to school for "study purposes". Violet was sitting right behind her looking at our classmates who had turned out the lights and started dancing with music playing in the background. She had been trying to forget and she had been more successful at that than me. I was sitting on the windowsill right next to our seats with Violet’s tablet in my hand. Emma, as usual was sitting right next to me on the windowsill with the lockers partially hiding her. My laptop was on her lap with my earphones connected, one on her ear the other on mine. She was changing songs, the only song that played fully was “Party rock anthem”. There was no surprise there as that song reminded her of her crush.

“Here,” I told her as I passed the tablet to her for her to play. She smiled at me as we exchanged gadgets. I played “On the floor” as Emma started smirking. She could play the song that reminded her of her crush but I couldn’t play the one that reminded me of mine? I huffed and turned away from her as I observed our class. I caught Skylar’s eye and she smiled reassuringly at her. I knew I could trust her with my life.

As I walked to my bus, I thought of what was going to happen. My friends had told me to calm down and we had even practiced on how I would turn him down. I knew it was rubbish but still.

As I was going to climb the bus, Taylor patted me comfortingly. She had a knowing glint in her eyes as she turned away and walked to her bus. I closed my eyes, counted till ten and entered. As I reached my brother’s seat, he stopped me and said,” That boy asked us who sent the letter and Hadi said that it was you.”

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I looked at him and said, “Explain to me later.”

I passed by Liam and sat in my seat. I took out my laptop and earphones and continued listening to music like a daily ritual. I looked out of the window and saw Dylan and his friends walking to their buses. I sighed as I heard him laughing. I turned as I felt someone’s eyes on me. No one was looking but I could almost swear that I saw Liamturning his head swiftly. I sighed and looked away. This was sure as hell going to be a long year.

“Explain, “I told my brother as we walked to our house.

My brother started explaining about how Liam had stopped by their seat and asked them and how Hadi had told that it was me. But mostly his explanation consisted of how heroically he tried to stop him from telling but how he failed by the mere matter of seconds. I just continued to look lost.

“But, sis, why did you send that letter?”

I'm screwed.

“Maths madam had told me to do it. It has something to do with math problems,”I said. My brother seemed to accept by answer as he walked into the house leaving me to catch my breath.

Violet was surely going to flip when I tell her, was the only thought in my head throughout the day.