Calm before the storm

Pic of Drake ....I know he is not mentioned in this chapter

As I lay in my bed, I recalled my chat with Taylor. I had explained everything to her and even she had shared be opinion- I was a fool.

She had told me to watch out for any more clues. I sighed and turned to my side. My mind then went to Dylan. It is kinda pathetic that I think of him everyday and he might not even be knowing that I exist.

I turned and let sleep overtake me.

.......................................................

I sighed. I seemed to be doing that a lot. The past week was again uneventful. I thought that he would do something on Thursday but he didn’t. I knew that things happen to me when I least expect it. Things have been quiet. I logged on to facebook and saw that Dylan was online. I turned red.

Time to take things into my own hands. I clicked his name and then we started chatting. I’m not going into details or else it will take more than one book for me to finish. I shut down my computer after chatting with Taylor also and opened my books. Time to study.

..............................................................

Today is the one month anniversary of the letter. Coincidently it is also the science exam day.

“Happy anniversary”, wished Emma.

“Fuck off,” I replied as I took out my books and started studying.

We discussed about the problems but I couldn’t help but feel that this was the calm before the storm. Taylor seemed to agree with me.

“Just calm down, Ash. Things will go fine.”

Yeah right, when have things ever gone fine for me?

We were all scared of the French exam day as only Liam and I would be there in the bus. But he reached my expectations by not doing anything.

“Is this your building,” the driver asked me.

I was seriously going to slap this dude. Can’t he understand common English language? Because the children were less the buses were mixed and due to my extremely good luck, the driver was different.

I sighed and said, “Just park here, I’ll go here,”

The driver nodded. Great, now I have to walk to reach my building, my life is just great.

But when I turned and looked at Liam, what I saw shocked me. He looked worried. Suddenly I felt a pang of happiness, he actually cared for me. I turned with a smile on my face, even though he thought I liked him, I only liked him as a brother.

His worry for me felt like that of a big brother’s worry for me. At last something good happened. When I looked at him again, he had turned away. One thing was clear- I criticized Violet on her choice but even though her choice was not good looking like mine, hers was more caring.

................................................................

The vacations passed without any special events. I kept chatting for most of the time not only with Taylor.

I really missed Emma but I had been chatting with Taylor every day, Violet chats with me but I ignored her. She has, because of me, mastered the art of chatting with herself. 

.................................................

The bus stopped in front of me. My brother jumped into the bus while I stared at it. I hoped something would happen or else I would go mad. Little did I know that 10th grade was going to be the best and most eventful year in my life.