Everyone knows

Emma's pov

This could not be happening........there was nothing wrong with Luke. Even yesterday, he was laughing at me when I fell head first into the sandcastle which I made.

I knew everyone else thought that I didn't care about Luke and it was only Drake who I cared for. But that was only true in the beginning. Later on, I had actually started liking Luke as a best friend......as a brother. 

I never even dreamed that Luke would fall for me. I was not the sort of person who got stuck between two guys. It was Ashley who was prone to get into such drama while I just helped her.

But an even more bigger issue was his cancer. He never even told me........ suddenly his dissappearences made sense.

Flashback

"Hey Luke, are you there or not?" I typed and sent it to him. After nearly half an hour I got his response.

"Sorry sweetheart, I had to go for my dental check up."

I typed, "So many dental check ups? I don't see anything wrong with your teeth."

He replied, "My inner teeth have some alignment problem. Nothing too bad but my mom is worried. That's why."

Flashback over

He had too many check ups and I had even noticed that his hair had become shorter after the vacations. And I was a bitch and I didn't even ask him. He might be thinking I am some self absorbed person who only cares for myself and Drake.

I had increased his burden, I don't believe him when he said that I made his days happier. All I did was make him fall for me, then torture him with talking about another guy. I had used him, and in the process I also hurt Drake.

Ashley wiped my tears after she read the letter. Even she was crying. We both hugged each other and sobbed. She did it because of the loss of her friend, and I- because of my stupidity.

"We have to tell the others..." she whispered. I started choking on my sobs as I thought of Alex. How was he going to take it?

Ashley also seemed to be thinking the same thing and she helped me to my feet and we walked towards the classroom.

Taylor and Alex were already awake and they were arranging our food. More like Taylor was doing it and Alex was following her like a lost puppy. Liam and Violet were still asleep and Dan and Christina were missing. Drake and Dylan were fast asleep and were hugging each other. My man had the tendancy to end up in other men's arms. I didn't know whether to feel jealous or not.

"Where were the two of you?" Taylor asked. She turned and saw that both of our eyes were filled with tears and she started panicking. I quickly ran into her arms and started crying. She tried to soothe me while patting my back. I felt Ash move towards us and rub my shoulders.

"What happened, Ash?" Alex asked, "did you rape her?"

Only Alex would say something like that now.

She wordlessly passed the letter to him and he opened it and said, "A letter to me also Ash? You know I am already taken, don't you?"

She glared at him and he started reading the letter. By now, everyone else had woken up. Alex read and I saw his eyes widen and he dropped the letter. He fell on his knees and started crying. Taylor left me and kneeled down in front of him and hugged him. She looked questioningly at us.

I saw Dan and Christina enter the classroom and Dan quickly took the letter and started reading. His face was blank but I saw him becoming paler. Christina read from behind his shoulders and she gasped and started crying. 

"What is going on here?"

I saw that Drake and Dylan had got up. Dylan looked mad that we had interrupted his sleep but after seeing Ash cry she quickly took her in his arms and started whispering comforting things to her. Drake took the letter and read it aloud.

We all remain quiet for a while. Drake looked like he was conflicting with himself. Dylan and Taylor were hugging Ash and Alex tightly.

Dan coughed and said, "Now that we know about Luke.........what do we do?"

Very good question