Three

"Hey Em,"

She says, plopping on my hospital bed. This is none other than my cousin, Isabelle Stanton. 16. A few month older than me. She is tall, slim. Hazel eyes and copper brown hair. We had similar facial structures and share the same hair. And might I add, she is drop dead gorgeous. She has boys falling all over her. But because she's a very logical and literal minded girl, she is a well known heart breaker.

"How's it going?"

"Truthfully? Awful." I've known her for all my life, and we tell each other everything.

"Yeah. The internal noose of death is no fun." She frowns. Oh! And she was anorexic at age 11. Guess it runs in the family. I give a small smile.

"It's torture." I say, and she nods.

"Hey, Em, would you like me to get you anything? Ice Water? Unsweetened black tea? Maybe an iced black coffee ?" She asks me. I know what she's doing. Shes trying to help me not focus on the voices. But I don't think it's gonna work. It most likely won't. But for now, it'll have to do.

"Ice water would be nice." I say, and wrap the blanket in my finger and unwrap it again.

"Mm'kay. I'll be back!" She cries, and rises before giving me a smile. I smile back. But it's very forced.

||A Brief Explanation of What Happened from Isabelle's view||

I use the restroom before grabbing my purse and heading out of Emma's room. I turn left. I still remember my days here. I was an 12 year old skeleton, much like Emma, but she's 15. I still remember the feeding tube I got. It was orange and clear, with little measurement tick marks. I turn out of the residential ward and turn into the nurses station area. That's when I bump into a very tall person.

I stumble fall backwards and onto my bum.

"Oh, I am so so sorry, I...." I look up. A very bald head is there with a very bushy eyebrows. I recognize that face.

"It's cool." He stands on his crutches, balancing carefully.

"Hello. I'm Isabelle." I stick my hand out. He takes it, confused.

"Leo R-"

"I know who you are," I say, and drop my hand away. "Walk with me."

"Um..... who exactly are you?" He asks, hobbling alongside me.

"I'm Emma's Cousin. Anyways, I've heard mixed reviews. You've done more harm that good to her."

"Excuse me? How did I do that!?"

"I've had anorexia. And what every crazy messed up things the disorder has told you is not true."

"But-"

"No, it was the disorder. Not her. There's nothing wrong with you. You just are able to handle it adequately. But lucky you, I'm here," I stop, and he stops too. "Look, you need to be there for her. That means helping her through difficult times. Staying the night with her is she is having a bad day. Eating meals with her. Not forcing her to eat, rather, sympathizing with her. You need to grow a thicker skin and stop taking everything so darn personal!" I exclaim. He stares at me shocked.

"So that means....." he trails off.

"Yep. Now go do," I hand him the money for the water. "And go get some ice water for her!" I say, and leave.

Emma's gonna be in for a surprise.