Or I'll Kill You Ch. 7

Seven

I looked up at Jesse as we got changed, and watched him glare at Matthew. "He was just joking around," I whispered, giving him a hard glare. He ignored me though, and narrowed his dark black eyes at Matthew.

When I had my clothes back on, Jesse put his arm around my neck, and we started walking. "Are you jealous?" I asked.

Jesse looked down at me, and then back at the family who was slowly falling us. "No," He answered.

I smiled up at him, and rested my chin on his shoulder. "Jesse," I murmured.

"I don't like him," He told me, "And I didn't like the way he was on you."

"He just tackled me," I explained.

"I don't like that," He hissed, looking straight ahead.

"Someone's jealous," I sang.

His hand tightened around my shoulder, but that only made me laugh. "There's nothing to be jealous about," I told him, "I swear baby."

Jesse looked down at me, and then rested his face in my hair. I kissed his chest, and we walked up the path way, and into the house. Almost everyone was asleep when we walked into the house.

Georgia was sitting on the couch reading a magazine. She looked up at us when we walked in, and gave us a warm smile, then went back to reading her magazine.

Jesse started walking up the stairs, but I pulled him back down, telling him I was hungry. We walked into the kitchen, and I opened the fridge. I started thinking about the new moon, and what would have happened if I hadn't of changed Jesse.

I took out a yogurt, and looked at him. "Jesse," I whispered, "Do you really love me?"

He walked over to me, and put his arms on either side of my waist. "That is a ridiculous question," He declared.

"But I bit you on the new moon," I argued, "You could not really be in love with me."

Jesse searched my eyes to see if I was joking, but I wasn't. He leaned closer to me, and kissed me gently on the lips. I slipped my arms around his neck, and held him tighter.

When he pulled away from me, he looked at me, and asked, "Does that answer your question?"

"No," I giggled.

He came closer this time, and pressed his lips to mine hardly, and held me tightly. I smiled, as he let out a small groan. When he pulled away I looked up at him, and batted my eyelashes. "Don't be jealous," I begged.

"But you're just so beautiful," He told me, "And anyone could pick you up and love you."

"But I just can't love anyone," I argued, kissing him softly on the lips, "And don't forget that."

He looked down at me with sad eyes. I gave him a warm smile, and rubbed his arm.

Matthew coughed loudly, and then walked into the kitchen. "Got something to say?" Jesse snapped over his shoulder.

"Nope, just letting you know I entered," He said.

"We don't care," Jesse sneered.

"Jesse," I warned.

"Well you should," Matthew said, "Because you're not the only ones in the house."

"You know what, Junior," Jesse growled, turning away from me. I grabbed his shoulders, and brought his face towards mine. With both hands on the side of his face, I kissed him in such a way that let him know I was his.

When I pulled away from him, I smirked at Matthew, and pulled Jesse away by the hand. "What was that for?" He asked, smiling down at me.

I smiled up at him, and bumped his hip. We walked up the stairs together, down the hall, and into our room.

Mom was already curled up on the bed, with her arms hugging Teresa, and Teresa lying next to Ginger. Otto was lying on the floor in the new blow up mattress we got, but he looked lonely. I crawled into the bed next to him, and held him close to my chest, while Jesse held me close to his.

"Night," I yawned, burying my face in Otto's hair.

"I love you," Jesse murmured in my hair.

"I know," I laughed.

He laughed too, and held me tighter.

**

Early in the morning, everyone gathered around in the living room, and we discussed the school situation. We decided to go to Oaks Ville. It was close by, and had a large population, so a big group of kids coming to a new school wouldn't be that obvious. There was Oaks Ville High and Oaks Ville Middle School, and we would all be sent to either.

"What if we don't want to go to school," Jasmine hissed.

"First you don't want to work, then you don't want to go to school?" I snapped.

"I have a life," She informed me.

"Obviously not," I scoffed.

Jasmine narrowed her eyes at me, and crossed her arms over her chest. When I narrowed my eyes at her, she just rolled her eyes like she was tired with my drama.

Jesse stepped behind me, and put his arms around my waist. "Alright, I think that's it," I announced, "So now, Jesse and I are going to look for jobs. I hope everyone else is too."

Jesse and I left the house with little Ginger. She insisted on coming along, and told me that she wouldn't lag behind or be a bother. Jesse held my hand, and I held Ginger's.

We searched all over, and finally just got jobs at this local store. We got jobs together, because Jesse insisted. "When do I get a job?" Ginger asked as we walked home.

"You don't need to get one," I told her, "You don't have to worry your pretty little head."

Ginger smiled up at me, and then frowned when she looked at Jesse. "Mae, who changed me?" She whispered.

I looked up at Jesse, and then back at her with my lips pressed together.

"My Mom," I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because...because you were dying," I explained. Ginger nodded, and looked at the ground as we walked.

"Do you know anything else?" She asked.

"No," I lied, "I'm sorry."

There were only a few other things I knew about Ginger and one of them was that her name wasn't even Ginger. It was something long, and Ginger mumbled it to my Mom when brought her home.

The name Ginger just stuck though, because she was a ginger. She loved her name now though, and didn't even remember what happened before or anything close to the change. That was the way it was for some people though.