Or I'll Kill You Ch. 14

Fourteen

**FLASHBACK**

It was during the middle of the day when the two vampires stumbled into the area. Mackenzie looked at them with hatred, and whispered to us his plan.

It was my job to hide in the trees while Mackenzie distracted them. All of his siblings were at his side, which included my Mother. My Mom was the third oldest in the family, and always looked up to her oldest brother. So when he asked her for her help, she couldn't help but agree. My Dad had left a few weeks before, but my Mom had Mackenzie to keep her strong.

"What're you doing here?" Mackenzie sneered, as I crouched down low in the trees.

"Looking for fun," The smaller brother smiled.

"You've come to the wrong place," Mackenzie whispered.

"Fun is everywhere," Said the taller one. Mackenzie looked up at the sky, and sighed.

"I guess we'll see," He grumbled, and that was when I was supposed to attack. I didn't get the chance to though, because my Mom charged.

She slammed into the taller brother, and he was pinned to the ground. "Joyce!" My Aunt Ida screamed. That didn't stop her though.

She was foolish, and didn't change into her wolf form, and she went for the taller one. All her siblings- except for Mackenzie- had to help her out.

That left Mackenzie and the shorter vampire. They fought together, and I just sat in the tree and watched.

My Mom held the taller vampire's face and laughed. When she pulled her hand away, her nails dug deep into his skin, and cut under his right eye.

Mackenzie struggled with the smaller vampire, and I thought it would be my chance, but instead Jesse decided to join in. "God Jess," I grumbled, knowing he could hear me with his wolf ears.

As Jesse grew stronger, he thought it was his duty to protect me, even though I continued to tell him it wasn't. Well, Jesse was the only smart one, and changed into his wolf form to attack.

He helped Mackenzie, and together they killed the smaller brother. The taller brother stared in horror, and then he sunk away. I wasn't sure how he got away from all of my Aunts and Uncles, but he did, and everyone got quiet.

I leapt down from the tree, and stalked towards my family. "Joyce, that wasn't the plan," Mackenzie growled.

"Yeah," I snapped, "Even Jesse got to get in that!"

Jesse appeared behind me, and smiled down at me. I waved him off with my hand, but that didn't stop him from putting his arms around me and holding me close.

"Joy, you were supposed to stick with the plan," Afton grumbled.

My Mom just rolled her eyes. "Like I was going to let my baby in the fight," She scoffed.

"I'm not a baby," I snapped.

"You're my baby," She corrected, putting her cold hand underneath my chin. I flinched away, and Jesse just held me tighter.

"Well you should have been in the tree then," I snapped.

"You were in the tree?" Jesse whispered.

"Yes," I snapped, "Like I was supposed to be. And why are you hanging all over me?"

I pushed Jesse away, but he just brought me back to him, and kissed me on the cheek.

"Come on," Mackenzie whispered, "It's done with. Let's go tell the others it's safe."

We walked back to the old house, and just walked away from each other. My Mom tried to talk with me, but I didn't want to hear it. "Go find Otto and Teresa," I ordered, as I grabbed Jesse's hand, and brought him upstairs.

Jesse and I just sat in the hallway, because when Mackenzie was still around, he forbids Jesse and me to be in the bedroom when it wasn't night time. He didn't trust us.

I leaned my head against the wall, and closed my eyes. "Are you mad at me?" Jesse whispered.

"No," I growled.

"Good, because I don't like it when you're angry with me," He told me.

"Well I'm going to get angry if you don't toughen up," I snapped, "Toughen your skin a little, and make me proud of you."

"How do I do that?" Jesse asked.

"Once you spend enough time with me it'll happen," I told him.

"Maeve, Jesse, are you hungry?" My Mom called.

"Come on," I sighed, standing up, and taking his hand as we walked downstairs.

Mom had sandwiches on the table and was calling my little brother. "Otto," She called, "Come down here you little monster!"

Otto ran around the house laughing, and I just sat at the table waiting for him to fall. He was always getting into trouble that little one, and he just continued to make trouble for himself.

No more the three minutes later, Otto fell on his butt, and Mom was able to scoop him up. "You fell," Mom laughed like she didn't know he was going too.

"Doesn't he always fall?" I muttered, and Jesse scoffed.

"Mackenzie, where are you going?" Leila asked as she rushed to follow her husband.

"I'm going to search the border," He whispered.

"Who's going with you?" She asked.

"I'll go by myself," He told her.

"No you won't," She argued.

"I'll go with you," I volunteered.

"Me too," Jesse said.

"No, you'll stay here," I snapped.

"You'll both stay here," Mackenzie snapped, "And that's an order. I'm going by myself so no one else gets hurt. I'll be back soon, I promise."

Leila held tight to Mackenzie, and kissed him before he walked towards the door. "Daddy," Georgia cried, running towards her Daddy.

The rest of her siblings followed except for Mackenzie Jr. who was resting in his crib. Mackenzie hugged his three little boys, and then hugged his own little girl tightly. "I'll be back soon," He promised.

Then Mackenzie looked PJ directly in the eyes and said, "Son, if anything happens to me, you'll be the man of the family. You need to take care of everyone. Got that?"

"What do you mean?" Leila asked.

"Got that son?" Mackenzie asked.

"Got it," PJ whispered. Mackenzie nodded, and kissed his son one last time and kissed his wife one last time before walking out the door.

Mackenzie didn't come back home that night. In fact, he never came home at all.

END OF FLASHBACK!