Or I'll Kill You Ch. 9

Nine

I ran out into the hallway, and found Jesse sitting against the wall with his head in his hands. I slowly walked over to him, and crouched down next to him. He flinched when I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Jess," I whispered, rubbing his back.

"What's going on?" He asked, looking up at me, "All of a sudden I'm jealous, and angry, and just so, so jealous! Why?"

"Because it's close to the new moon," I explained.

"Why hasn't this happened before?" He asked, his eye brows pulling together.

"Because there was no need to be cautious," I told him, "Everyone was family, but when Matthew came along, and now we're in high school, there are more guys here. Now there's a reason for you to be jealous."

Jesse pressed his lips together, and looked at me with sad eyes. I put my hands on either sides of his cheek, and kissed him on the forehead, and then the lips. He smiled at me, and held my wrists in his hands.

"Let's ditch," He whispered.

"On our first day?" I asked.

"Yeah, I already don't like that class," He told me.

"We can't skip the class every day," I told him.

"But we can today," He pointed out.

"Fine," I mumbled, "Let's go."

He jumped up, and pulled me to my feet. His arm slung around me as we walked out of the school building. "You want to go for a run?" He whispered in my hair.

"I love running," I murmured, looking up at him, and closing my eyes. He held me tighter, and we started walking faster towards the forest.

"Hey wait," Someone called, but Jesse and I were already at the edge of the forest. We went into the deepness of it, and then stripped so that we wouldn't ruin our clothes.

Then we started running.

Jesse started running really fast, and I think it was because he wanted to shake some of his anger off. Don't be angry baby, I cooed with a small chuckle.

I hate this, He grumbled.

Do you hate me? I asked.

Mae, that question was so ridiculous, He laughed, with a sloppy grin on his wolf face.

But I did this to you, I mumbled, I could have just changed you on a full moon.

I would have been dead by then, He told me.

It was silent between us for a second as we continued to run. I'm sorry, I whispered.

Whoa, I never thought I'd hear that from you, He said, all serious.

And you're the only one who's going to hear it, I told him.

Good, that makes me feel special, He laughed.

We ran for awhile longer, and we turned back into our human forms when school was over. We changed, and walked back to the house. "I'm all sweaty," I complained.

Jesse laughed, and hugged me tightly as we walked. I looked down at our feet, and how big of a difference our sizes were. Jesse was just so tall, and I was so small and slim. I fit into his side so easily, allowing his big strong arm to just drape over me, and hold me close. My brown hair was wavy, and draped over my shoulder as we walked further. Jesse leaned down, and kissed my hair like he normally did.

We walked all the way home, and when we got there, everyone was already home. "Where were you guys?" PJ asked.

"On a run," I explained, "I'm going to get a shower."

"Did you skip school?" Jade whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"We all walked home together early, and you weren't there," She told me, "You both weren't there."

"Yeah, we left early," I answered, "Jesse got in a fight, and he had to cool off."

"So we can skip school?" Talib asked.

"You can do whatever you want," I told him, as I walked up the stairs.

I went into the shower that was in the hallway bathroom, and took a nice cool shower. My hair reached the middle of my back, as I ran my hand through it. I rinsed all the sweat off, and made myself smell fresh and like roses.

When I got out, I wrapped a towel around me, and walked out. Of course I ran into the one person I didn't want to though. Matthew just looked at me from the face down. When I tried to step to the left, he stepped to the left too, and then when I tried to step to the right, he stepped to the right too.

"Step around me Matthew," I hissed.

He smiled, "What if I don't want to?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You really want to try that?" I asked, with a small laugh.

Matthew just stared at me, and I tried to move around him again. When he stopped from going, I sighed. "Listen Matthew," I snapped, "I would punch you in the face right now if I wasn't holding up my towel. You're going to get in a lot of trouble for what you're thinking."

Matthew just laughed, and stared walking closer to me. My eyes widened, and I started backing away. When he smiled, I tried to duck under his arms, but he grabbed my shoulders, and pushed me back. I glared at him, and tried again, but he pushed me back once again, and this time I stumbled on to the floor.

"You freak," I hissed, but Matthew picked me up by my shoulders, and pinned me against the wall. His hands were wrapped tight around my shoulders.

I tried to squirm away, but he was right there, his arms around my shoulders tightly. "What are you doing?" I snapped, "Who the heck do you think you are?"

"We'll make this work," He whispered.

"What?" I yelled.

I kicked him hard, and he bent over moaning. I took the chance to run away, holding my towel up, but Matthew grabbed my ankle, and slowly dragged me back. I held the towel with one hand, and tried to grab on to something with the other.

He grabbed me around the waist. "Where are you going?" He asked, with a smile on his face.

"Get off of me," I growled through clenched teeth.

"Now, now," He laughed, picking me up again.

I was just so tiny that when he lifted me off the ground, I tried to find the floor, but wasn't able to find it. "Why am I so small?" I muttered, looking up at the ceiling.

"Don't worry babe," He laughed, "I'll reach anything you want for you."

"Matthew stop," I pleaded, trying to kick again, but he was ready for it again.

He held me tightly against the wall, his fingers digging deep into my shoulders. I winced in pain, and felt my muscles tightening.

Out of the corner of I saw a shadow come up the stairs with wide eyes. I tried to turn my head to look at him, but I was in too much pain. He slowly walked closer, and Matthew didn't even notice. It made me smile, knowing what might happen to Matthew, and I turned to look at him.

Matthew looked at me like he was waiting for me to say something. I gave him a small smile, and raised an eyebrow. "You're making a big mistake," Jesse and I growled at the same time.