12 • Lunch Dates

V A L E R I E

His hands were cold as he placed them on my bare shoulders. "I looked up once again through my lashes at my reflection in the mirror. The dress fit like a glove on me, my make up done to look natural and my heels not too high for me to trip over and embarrass myself. "You look beautiful." Jimin said as he placed his lips on the side of my neck.

He continued to leave little kisses on my neck which sent shivers down my spine. I hadn't said anything to him about Miss Lee because I wasn't sure how he would respond. Maybe they were just close? She was a teacher and he was a student but the possibility of it happening was null. But what if it did?

What if they're the reason the school turned into a girls only school. I hadn't noticed Jimin's hand was now placed in between my thighs, his cold fingers dancing along the skin. "We better get going." I said moving away and grabbing my bag. My hair was done up into a low lazy bun with a few hairs fallen onto my face.

I walked downstairs and Jimin followed. We got in his car and I didn't say a word. I sat there quietly looking down at Jimin's hand which was placed on my hand while he drove to the venue. We pulled up at a place that looked expensive, something that my mother would own no doubt. I stepped out and sighed.

Jimins arm was wrapped around my waist as we walked in. I felt so awkward. I was meeting his mother. As soon as we walked in and I saw our table and she was already seated. I quickly shoved Jimin's hand off my waist and he gave me a confused look. I just walked over putting on my best smile as we approached.

"ChimChim!" His mother said standing up and hugging him, kissing his cheeks before she turned her gaze to me. "Eomma, I want you to meet Valerie. My girlfriend." I'm his girlfriend? I smiled and stepped forward. She scanned me over for a second and smile, pulling me in for a hug. "Welcome to the family." She said, I hugged back to be polite and saw the stupid smirk Jimin was giving me.

I shot him a quick glare before pulling back and switching to my sweet smile which has begun to make my cheeks hurt. "So tell me about yourself Valerie." She begun and I chuckled. "Well what do you want to know?" I asked, I was not prepared. Do I tell her I'm a student? Do I lie and make up some story? I looked to Jimin for comfort and he smiled.

"Well she's a beautiful, young girl obviously. She's in my class studying Sex Education." He bluntly said to her as she nodded. "In his student." I clarified and she just nodded. What the fuck? "Jimin, she's very beautiful but how good is her knowledges." She said before turning her gaze back to me. "What mathematics do you study?" She asked.

"Mathematics B. And I'm also studying design and physics." I said and she looked impressed. "What are you doing when you leave school? Fooling around with drugs and alcohol I bet? Want to party while you're young?" She asked chuckling trying to see if I'll slip. "Actually I'm going to attend university. Get my diploma and start my own business. I already have money from my mother to back up my company."

She looked even more impressed. "Interesting." She said smiling. "Well you have impressed me and you have definitely impressed my boy. So when shall the wedding happen?" She asked slipping on her spectacles and opening up a book. "I beg your pardon?" I asked taken back as she looked uk at me. "You're 17. And going to university for a few years. So I'll put you in for 2021?" She asked and I was still confused.

"The wedding? What are you talking about?" I asked and looked at Jimin. "Eomma, stop it. You're scaring her." He whispered harshly to his mother. "I'm sorry, it's just you're very smart, beautiful and perfect. I don't what Jimin to mess up and lose you." She said smiling. I'm confused as fuck. "Thank you for the lunch and everything, I'm going to call a cab." I said turning around.

Jimin got up from his seat and followed me out. "Valerie wait." He said as I spun around to face him. "Did you know?" I asked hoping his answer isn't yes. "Yes." He said. I couldn't believe it. All this time he knew and didn't bother telling me? "I know it's a lot to take in." He said wrapping his arms around me but I pushed him back.

Hard enough so he was a good 40cm away from me. "A lot? This is like having my life planned ot for me! I already have my mother to do that and I don't need yours!" I yelled and on cue my taxi pulled up and I got in. "I'll see you at school." Was the last thing I said before we drove up, and that's when I could feel it. The tears running down my face and a feeling of betrayal and disgust surrounding my heart and making my chest tighten.

How could she just do that? I'm not in love with Jimin to just marry him.

J I M I N

I'm in love with a girl who doesn't love me back? What a sick and twisted love story.