48 • A Glimpse Into The Future

V A L E R I E

I woke up to see my beautiful and handsome husband laying next to me still asleep. I smiled and yawned, looking at the time. It was 9:00am on a Saturday. 

"Mummy! Mummy!" Jamie and Kellie ran into the room and jumped onto the bed. Waking Jimin from his sleep, a smile spread across his face. 

"Good morning." He grumbled looking at me. 

"Good morning." I smiled and kissed him.

"Ew." Our kids said in unison as we both let out a laugh. 

"Mummy can you make us some breakfast?" Kellie asked pouting her lip making me chuckle. 

"Of course." I said sitting up as they both got up and ran out and downstairs. 

"How'd you sleep?" He asked sitting up and getting up with me. 

"Good. How about you?" I asked stretching out my arms as we walked downstairs. 

"Good." He said.

We saw our little munchkins downstairs getting everything out and ready for me to make pancakes. I couldn't help but smile and walk over to help them make up the mix and start cooking. 

"How did I get so lucky?" Jimin asked kissing my cheek and smirking as I flipped the golden brown pancake over. 

"That's a good question." I mumbled smirking slightly as the kids sat on the couch in the living room watching cartoons on the TV.

"Alright pancakes!" I called out turning off the stove and putting the last pancake on the pile and walking over to the table, setting things up along with Jimin who brought over the strawberry syrup and whipped cream. One big happy family, that is what we were. I never would have pictured this when I finally said yes. 

Kids, a house, a handsome and smart husband, an actual life. Everything felt so rushed but I loved it, the feeling of being young and having my life together already. I can remember the day we found out I was pregnant with the twins, it was scary but a miracle. Jimin and I had been trying for a while and the doctors said it wasn't possible for me. 

But look at us now, we have two beautiful kids and a great life. 

"Alright get ready for school!" I shouted as they finished their breakfast and ran upstairs to get into their uniforms. Me and Jimin packed everything up and both got ready for work. Jimin worked at an All Boys School as the gym teacher there and also History.

I worked in an office from 9 am to 5 pm. Jimin got off work just before the kids did and so he picks them off while I drop them off in the mornings. Life was routine, we always made sure we had a routine but also had fun while doing it. 

Everything was good. 

8 YEARS LATER

"I'm home." I announced, monotone. Work was crazy today, I had been getting heaps of complaints, yelled at another employee and once again was sexually harassed by my boss sort of. 

His disgusting comments about me and my body when he knows that I'm married and have two kids. 

And like always Jimin was home and sitting on the couch watching TV, beer in his hand while a bag of Doritos sat on his lap. Some cheesy show played on the screen and he just stayed silent. 

The twins up in their own rooms, Kellie probably on the phone to her boyfriend who we forbid her from seeing. He's an 18-year-old and she's only 14.