SEVENTEEN | Stardust

The next day, Mariah walked into the school and saw that Jughead was getting escorted away by Sheriff Keller. Her eyes widened and they met Jughead's. He gave her a small look of reassurance and shook his head when she took a step closer to him.

He walked out of the school and Mariah went to find Betty. When she saw the girl with Archie, she walked over to them. "What's happening with Jughead?" She asked. "We don't know. But don't worry, he's gonna be okay. I'll make sure of it," Betty said before walking away.

"I should be worried, right?" Mariah asked Archie. "No, Jughead will be fine," he said quickly. Mariah nodded, though she didn't feel reassured. "Hey, it's gonna be okay," Archie mumbled, grabbing her hand and squeezing it. "I hope so. I have enough drama in my life," she muttered.

"When do you want to talk?" Archie asked suddenly. "About what?" Mariah questioned. "About everything," he replied. Mariah thought for a moment before shrugging. "I'll get back to you on that," she answered before turning on her heel and walking down the hallway.

····

After school was over, Mariah sat in her bed, reading a book. Betty texted her and got her up to speed on everything that was going on with Jughead, as well as Polly. She was relieved that the two were okay.

A knock sounded on her door and the person entered. Mariah looked up and then returned her attention to her book. "I didn't say you could come in," Mariah said. "You know Mariah, your room could really use some redecorating," Cheryl said.

"What do you want, Cheryl? You gonna try to tell me why you think Polly killed Jason?" Mariah asked. "For your information, Mar, I want to protect Polly now," Cheryl said. "I just came here because I didn't want to be in my own house alone. And I find your awfully small house comforting," Cheryl continued.

"I like my small house. It's better than your huge, good for nothing mansion," Mariah replied. Cheryl took off her shoes and sat next to Mariah on the bed. "I love you Mariah. I feel like I don't tell you that enough," Cheryl said as she laid her head on the blonde's shoulder. "I love you too Cheryl. And yes, you can spend the night," Mariah said causing Cheryl to sigh in relief.

"I didn't tell you that just so I can spend the night, you know," Cheryl said. "I know Cheryl," Mariah replied.

"Good."

····

Mariah sat in the student lounge the next morning. The group was discussing Polly and Mariah was, unsurprisingly, tuned out of it. That is, until she heard the word 'boyfriend'. "Boyfriend? Who's boyfriend?" She asked. "Betty's boyfriend Jughead," Veronica practically sang.

"So it's official?" Mariah asked excitedly. Betty blushed and looked down at her hands, a smile on her face. "Speaking of official, Mariah, are you and Archie dating yet? You know, you still haven't told Betty and I about the kiss," Veronica said.

"Whoa whoa whoa. What kiss?" Kevin exclaimed. "Archie and Mariah kissed," Betty said with a large smile in her face. "When was this, and why am I now just hearing about this?" Kevin questioned. "Yeah, I would like to know that too," Jughead confessed with a smirk.

"We are not talking about this right no," Mariah said standing up. She motioned for Archie to follow her and he stood. She made her way toward the door and Kevin called out, "I want all the juicy details!"

"Me too!" Veronica shouted after the two. Mariah led Archie outside and the two sat at a table. "Okay, so, I like you and you like me. What are we gonna do about it?" Mariah said.