Fateful Choices

(Y/N) - Your Name

My eyes fluttered open as I pushed my arms out behind my head, stretching in the process. It was nice to be back in a normal bed after all we'd been through, but I don't necessarily remember how I had got here. As I combed through my brain looking for lost information, I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Come in, I'm awake" I said thinking it was Blake noticing she hadn't returned after checking on Connor.

"Hey (Y/N).." Percy muttered, awkwardly shuffling into the room.

He shut the door behind him and sat on the edge of my bed next to me.

"It's raining..." he stated trying to start a conversation.

"Oh hey Percy..." I replied wearily. "I guess it is."

Percy still sitting at the edge of my bed began tapping his foot nervously.

"Look... what happened back at that island... I-"

"No, no. Don't worry about it. It was spur of the moment type thing.. it's not like it meant anything right?"

"..yeah... where's Blake?" He asked before we made eye contact.

Then we started laughing, and just like that, the awkwardness was gone.

"You wouldn't happen to know how I ended up here would you?" I asked assuming he'd have no idea "I seem to last remember leaning on the ships railing and nothing after that"

"Oh yeah... I brought you here." He stated awkwardly rubbing the back of his head.

"What time is it?"

"Around three in the afternoon... why?"

"I've been asleep that long?!?" I asked eyes popping out of my head.

"Hey! It's okay, you needed the rest. We're almost to the edge so now we just need to prepare mentally as much as we can and take it easy today."

"I guess you're right... but I can't shake this feeling....anyway, I'm going to go shower and then I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere."

He laughed before shrugging and pulling off his shoes. He then slipped under my covers and pulled the book off my bedside table.

"You better not lose my place kelp face."

"Don't be too long then sunshine."

I paraded across the room towards the drawers with which my things were in. Grabbing a shirt and a pair of shorts I headed off towards the bathroom.

I let the water run down my skin as I stared at the wall in thought. I was worrying about what was to come and I know I shouldn't be, but I couldn't shake this horrible feeling.

I was about to rinse the shampoo out of my hair when a wave of nausea came over me. Suddenly I felt dizzy and my ears screamed from the sudden pressure building in them.

I was thrown into a black void. Nothing but darkness surrounded me. I heard screams coming from somewhere, but I couldn't see anything. My eyes fixated on a single point of light and I began to run towards it knowing it was where I needed to go. Then I saw him lying on the ground, blood pooled around his head. Connor was next to him. A hand thrown protectively over Blake as she clutched a dagger in her stomach. Her face was pale and contorted in pain. She looked dead. Connor himself wasn't breathing. I saw Annabeth in front of me maliciously smiling as the scene of my friends spun circles around me. Annabeth lunged morphing into Eris in the air screaming

"You have to choose! Choose wrong and everyone will die."

*BANG BANG*

My eyes snapped open and I coughed, spitting out water. I was lying on the bottom of the bathtub, my head throbbed.