Battle Against Your Fears

(Y/N) = Your Name

I looked at the window just to catch a glance of a creature that was almost made out of black mist. Nothing could have prepared me for this. Out of nowhere I suddenly got the overwhelming sense of loneliness. I felt like I was in a glass cage sinking into the depth of my own watery grave with no one to save me. It made me want to crawl under the bed and hide of course it was lumping my two fears together: drowning and being forgotten. I started hyperventilating. It was too much to take in. I crumpled onto the floor bringing my knees to my chest. All the while Jason and Leo are calling out to us from the other side of the unattended iris message. I couldn't hear what they were saying. I was listening through a layer of water so it seemed. I felt a hand grasp my shoulder as I sank deeper and deeper into the watery pit. I heard a voice but couldn't register what it had said or who it was. I couldn't take it anymore. I started remembering all the suffering I had been through and all the pain I felt when I had been forgotten. I began to mumble.

"So lonely. No ones ever around. No one remembers my name. Everyone always talking about 'him'. What about me? Aren't I special? Of course I'm not." I began to feel a slow stream of tears slide down my face.

I heard that voice again. Repeating one phrase over and over again. If only I could make it out. Suddenly I felt light pressure engulfing me. The hand on my shoulder replaced by warmth. I began to understand the words and see a light.

"(Y/N)... I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry." I heard over and over again being repeated in my ear as I felt my back being rubbed.

When I looked into the light forming in my head I heard laughter as the voice faded again. I saw Blake, Connor, and Percy all dancing invited me to join them. I saw all four of us running through the halls on the ship playing childish games, and trying not to slip. I saw every silly banter I've had with Percy. I began to realize that I wasn't alone now. There was no one to blame for feeling this way. I opened my eyes slowly to see Percy embracing me tears forming in his eyes as well.

"Percy..?"

"I'm so sorry (Y/N)."

"Wha-why?"

"I had no idea I put you through that. I remember speaking to Jason, but it wasn't that big of a deal until now. I care a lot about you and I never thought my "enemy" could become one of my best friends."

"Thank you" I said slowly setting my head down on his shoulder and wrapping my arms around him, only to be interrupted by a scream so loud it had to have been Blake.

I was the first to break out of the room, sword in hand, as I rushed down the hallway to Connors room, but right as I went to knock the door burst open and Connor looked frazzled. He had a wild look in his eye and his (sword?) was drawn.

"Travis is dying. I just know he is! I can feel it! We have to turn back!"
He yelled dropping his weapon and grabbing Percy by the shoulders and shaking him.

"No he isn't. We have to stay calm for all we know Blake could be in real danger." Percy said his face slowly turning into a scowl.

"These things or whatever they are are messing with our brains Connor. You can iris message Travis later. I promise he's okay." I said looking him in the eyes.

"I don't... I don't believe you. You are trying to stop me! You want him dead! A-and I can't let that happen! So I have to kill you!" He screamed lifting his sword and thrusting it at me. I quickly blocked and kicked him in the stomach.

"Percy go find Blake! I'll deal with Connor!" I yelled

"You sure you can handle this (Y/N)?" Percy asked, "you know whatever this is is still in your head."