Chapter:5

Dallas

I woke up in the trailer. Snoring came to my ears. I sat up still seeing my clothes from yesterday still on. Kyson was out cold. I got up looking out the window. Calgary. I got around the pull out and into my flip flops to check on the horses.

I stepped out seeing all six horses with water, hay, and grain. I untied all six walking them to the arena and back. Brody got out of the truck as I came back. He stood stretching. I'm guessing Kyson carried me into the trailer then took care of the horses before getting some sleep himself.

I tied them back up before going back in. I started breakfast as Brody came in. "What's up with him?" He asked quietly. "He was up over half the night." I told him. "Should have woken me up to help him." He said. I shrugged.

Once breakfast was done Brody already had the table sat up ready for breakfast. Kyson started tossing and turning obviously dozing now. His head shot up. "Morning." I said as Brody grabbed a mug of coffee. Ky groaned as he sat up. His defined chest and abdomen bare.

"Would you like a quick breakfast before a longer nap?" I asked him. He nodded while rubbing his face in his hands. Then got up and folded the couch up. He sat down next to me after fixing his plate.

"How late did you stay up last night?" Brody asked him. "Three, three thirty." He answered. "Lucky we don't have to be competing until tomorrow night." Brody said. "Yeah." "Could have woken me up so I could have helped you." Brody told him.

"Too tired to think. Too tired to care." Kyson told him. "Cared more about the horses and..." Brody mumbled the last bit but I'm sure it was along the lines of my sister. "Maybe because the horses needed to stretch their legs and couldn't wait until morning to do so." Ky told him.

I saw a trailer pull up on one side then another on the other. "Looks like our parents got here to be referees." I said before Kyson let me out. I put my flip flops on then went to the truck for my boots. I switched my footwear before going to greet mom and dad.

"Hi baby!" Mom said. "Hi momma." I said hugging her. Dad came around and I gave him a hug. "Where's your brother?" He asked. "Probably glaring at Ky if he hadn't gotten up from breakfast by now." I said.

"Why would that be?" He asked. "Brody's mad because Kyson didn't wake him up last night so he could help with the horses." I answered. "Well go get checked in and take care of the pets." He said.

I nodded before mom turned with me going along with me. Hanly caught up with us. "Marty said that Ky went and crashed on our couch after he finished his breakfast." She said. "He stayed up until at least three thirty this morning after getting here." I said.

"What time did y'all pull in?" Hanly asked. "You'd have to ask him." I said as we got to the registration table. I signed my name under my three sports and put my team roping partner's name down.

We then walked back hearing shouting. I got to the antsy horses, untying each one leading all six away. I had gotten the stall numbers for all six. "Need help?" I looked behind me seeing Kyson. "Might as well." I said.

"Got us signed in for team roping?" He asked. "You're going to need to put your initials next to your name." I said. Letting him take three horses. "Yeah. Brody isn't very happy with me at the moment." He said.

"It wasn't your fault. You could have tried to wake him and he wouldn't wake." I said. As we neared the stalls Ky stopped me. He pulled me right into his arms. "I don't know how you managed to put up with him for almost seventeen years." He said.

"I have no clue." I said with my face buried in his shirt. My arms wrapped around him. "Come on. Let's get these boys settled." He said. His hand brushed mine before gripping it. Once at the stalls we each split up put the six up.

We gave the six horses fresh water, hay and grain. Then walked back to the trailers. "You gonna sleep?" I asked him. "Maybe tonight. Early." He said. "Now that's a plan I can't pass up." I said. "Oh and your parents told Brody that if he kept acting up he won't be competing for the rest of the year." He said. "Oh that will just mean my parents give me the keys to their four hauler and you and I will be traveling." I said.

Kyson

Oh that would be nice. I would rather be with with her and the horses instead of Brody, her, I and the horses. Man I really need to get my thoughts together. Once I turn eighteen she'll be six months younger than me and if anyone suspected us doing anything sexual then word would get around. That would try and ruin our friendship, partnership, and everything else.