Chapter:15

Dallas

I walked out to the barn with Gally. "So Dallas, has Kyson told you about the feral horse herd near the property line? They'll come up to the pond every now and then." She said. "Oh now that's cool. Which pond?" I asked her. "Wanna ride out?" She asked. "Why not." I said. We both decided to ride one of mine. I put my hackamore on Daniel and mounted. Then pulled her on behind me.

She then told me which direction. After topping a hill I pulled Daniel to a stop. "Their there!" Gally said. "Lay against me." I said ducking down. Then urging Daniel to walk. I got my phone out starting to video as the horses became curious. Then slowly sat up.

"Wow." We both said. I looked around as we circled the herd. Then started a FaceTime. Gally and I both held a be quiet signal just before I flipped the camera. We went around the herd once more before having to head back. "Um Dallas. We have a tail. More like several." She giggled. I looked back watching as several yearlings followed behind us.

"Looks like we get to train horses." I said. "If they're trainable." She said. "If they are." I said. The slow ride back to the barn had us looking over our shoulders every chance we got. I giggled every chance I got at the curious horses following. Once they saw a water tank they curiously went up to it.

"I've got an idea on how we can get them in a closed pen." I said as the horses drank some of the water. "How are you going to?" She asked. "Curious little pets aren't they?" I said as I dismounted. She took Daniel to the stall. I opened a gate to a huge corral pen then got a sack of feed and set it on my shoulder.

The yearlings looked towards me. Then started coming. Once they all were through I motioned for Gally to close the gate. I then looked over seeing a crowd watching me. I then pulled a piece out of the bag. One came up to sniff it. Then another and another. Soon all of them were up around me. I spread a little out.

They all munched on it. As I walked to the fence I caught a glimpse of Kyson watching. I set the bag over the fence and sat up on the fence. "Curious weren't they?" I nodded. "What do you have planned?" He asked. "Train these and round up the six to eight month old every year to train them and get the others accustomed to humans again." I said.

His arms wrapped around my waist. "Sounds like work." He said. "But it's work that I'd do with you." He said before kissing my cheek. Once the yearlings were done they walked around checking out the pen. One came up to me. I let him sniff my hand before petting him. A few of the others were over at the others. "Would you step into the pen?" I asked him. "Why?" He asked.

I moved his arm. Then slid down off the rail. "Come on." I said grabbing his hand. "Um no." He said. "Why not?" I asked. He pulled me to him. "You remember when those horses spooked once, one trampling me. I do good enough going into a herd of cattle on the back of a horse." He said. "Cattle and horses are two different animals. Plus these are calm." I said.

"I don't know." He said. I grabbed his hand once again before pulling him into the pen. One of the horses from the group came over. I held out my unclasped hand letting it sniff. I then pet it scratching its forehead. It then snorted. "Ky you need to calm down." I said. "The horse can sense your fear."

His hand clasped mine tighter. I put his arm around my shoulders. Then kissed his cheek. He looked down at me. "Please." I said. He kissed my forehead. Then pulled me closer to him. The horse sniffed at his boots. Then started walking to the trough. We walked over to the group of horses. A filly came up to sniff him. He held his hand out before stroking her muzzle.

That night he held me against him. "I'm so glad I have you." He said. "Why so?" I asked. "Because you know things that my parents and siblings don't know. And vise versa." He said. He kissed me then pulled me onto him. I had a hand on his right shoulder and the other intertwined with his. His free hand on my waist.