Chapter:6

I sat on my horse waiting for our turn. The team before us backing into the box. "Tyson Low header and Drew Kelp heeler." "Now why does that name sound familiar?" Marty asked. We all shrugged. Tomorrow is Brody's birthday. His birthday always falls during Calgary.

I watched as they went. Man were they good. Once it was our turn I backed into the box before looking over at Kyson. He winked at me signaling that he was ready. I took a deep breath and called for it.

Jack shot from the box as the steer ran. I twirled my rope over my head catching the neck of the steer. I pull it tight allowing Ky to pick up the heels. Once our run was over I rode out behind Ky. Drew winked at me as I left. Kyson then blocked me from his sight.

Kyson

That thirty three year old needs to mind his own business and either make amends with his ex and child or keep his eyes of my girl. I didn't like how he was looking at Dallas one bit. The relationship might start off good but will end before she realizes that she's pregnant and by that time he had changed his number.

I wanna call him something but there's Dallas right next to me and children running around. We dismounted from our horses going to the stalls. "Dally. I don't want you to get involved with Drew. His history isn't the best." I told her. "Don't worry I've already got a guy in mind if I was going to date." She said.

My jeans tightened a bit at the thought that it might be me. As I stood between our horses I adjusted myself in my jeans trying to make it go away. Luckily she hasn't noticed it. I unsaddled Jaybird quickly. Then brushed him.

I looked over at her watching as she brushed Jack down as I brushed my own. She was quick and soft handed at the same time. No doubt it was her tie down work that made her hands like that. She looked up at me.

Dallas

I hid my slight smile after catching Kyson watching me brush Jack. I knew he had been watching me for a good five minutes. He is the guy that I'd date if I was to date anyone. Once I was done I gave Jack and Daniel water and hay before going back to the trailer.

Kyson quickly caught up with me. He put an arm around me as several cowboys passed by looking at me like I was a piece of meat. His arm quickly moved to my waist. I knew it was for show. Once there he opened the door letting me in to change first.

Once I was in my bed clothes he went to change. I fixed my bed up and turned the tv on. He came out and sat down with me to watch tv. "So your seventeenth birthday is next week." He said.

"Point?" I asked him. He was already seventeen. "Almost exactly two years younger than your brother just by a week." He said. "So?" I asked him. "What were you wanting for your birthday?" He asked. "Eh. It doesn't matter. Long as I can get some use into it." I said.

He scoffed. "Well that narrows it down." He said. I shook my head smirking. Brody came in covered in dirt. "Thanks for waiting up on me." He said just before our parents came in. Ky jumped up.

"So that's why you two are so close now? Because of all these cowboys staring at her f----ng arse?" I heard Brody yell. Mom and dad both heard what he said. "News flash. They've always stared especially the older creepy ones that have no life outside of the circuit." He added.

Dad went back there having Kyson step out. "Um mom I'm going to be staying at y'all's tonight because of his temper." I said grabbing my blanket and putting my boots on. "Not in those shorts. You're not walking foot out in those." Kyson said.

I cocked my eyebrow at him. "You heard exactly from your brother what kind of cowboys walk around these grounds at night especially." He said. I then put on a pair of sweats. "Happy?" I asked him. "Much." He said. I rolled my eyes at him. Then went with mom to hers and dad's trailer.

I curled up on the couch and slept there for the night.

Kyson

After confronting him with my reason he had to go and blow up in my face. I told him that we've always been close just before Shane came in to talk to him. I was just looking out for her making sure no one tried to get her.

When she had said she was going to stay with her parents for the night and grabbed her blanket. Right before she could put a boot on I told her not in those booty shorts she wears to bed. And even used what Brody said to back me up on it.

She hesitated at first before putting a pair of baggy sweats on then her boots. When she asked if I was happy, I thought it meant feelings but also physically. Just the thought of one of those creeps getting their fingers on her makes me want to ask her sooner and sooner.

I'll ask Shane if it's alright with him before Calgary is over because I want his approval before anything else.