Chapter:11

He didn't say which meal only one when we get to the grounds. I was busy getting the living quarters set up while Kyson and Brody were bedding down horses. My phone dinged.
'Date tonight? Just like I promise?' Ky texted.
'What time and where?' I asked.
'When I get done bedding the horses down and the location is a surprise.' He texted back.

Just great. I then texted saying that I was going for groceries. When I got back Brody and Ky were sitting outside. I took the groceries inside and put them up. Ky followed. "Are you ready sweetheart?" He asked. "One second." I said before taking a cereal box out of the bag. I tried to reach the place needing someone taller. "Need help?" He asked as Brody came in. I nodded. He took the box from me before putting it where it goes.

"Thank you." I said. "Anything for you." He whispered in my ear after Brody went into the bathroom. "Ready?" He asked. I nodded. "Be back later Brody." Kyson said. He then took my hand leading me out. He opened the passenger door for me before closing it after I was in. He then ran around to the other side and got in. I had the keys still.

"Wait where's the keys?" He asked. I tried to hide my smile. In an instant the console was up he had me unbuckled and on his lap. "Where's the truck keys?" He asked me. "I don't know." I said giggling. His hand slipped from my thighs to my butt. "You know not to touch that." I told him. "But you agreed to go on a date with me didn't you?" He said.

His hand slipped into my back pocket where the keys were. "Think I found them." He said. "You'd have to be my boyfriend before you can grab the keys out of my pocket." I told him. "You challenging me?" He asked. "Maybe." "Then would you be my girlfriend?" He asked. I cocked an eyebrow at him. "I mean it Dallas. Would you please be my girlfriend?" He asked.

I shifted on his lap. "Do I need to prove why I asked?" He asked. I shook my head. "Will you let me?" He asked. Before I knew it I had put my lips on his. His hand moved from my pocket to my waist. His other hand went to my cheek into my hair before the back of my head. When I was about to pull it away he pulled me in closer.

I could feel the passion and love in it. His hand moved back to the pocket. We broke free panting for air. I rested my forehead against his. He did the same with mine. "Yes." I breathed out. "Yes?" He asked. I nodded. He pulled the keys out. "You know I could have just turned the truck on without doing that right?" He said. I chuckled.

"Ready to eat?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. He helped me off his lap. I got back to my seat and buckled as he turned it on. He put the key fob in his back pocket like it was a challenge. A few minutes later we arrived at some place. "One second." He said before getting out. I watched as he came around to my side opening the door for me.

He held out his hand for me to take. I set it in his. Then slid out. He kept my hand in his. I put my other hand on his elbow leaning on him. He opened the door to a pizza place I've never heard of. Breadeaux Pizza. We were seated at a table for two. "Whatever you want to eat." Ky told me. Of course I did a meat lovers build it pizza. Instead of the traditional sauce I chose bar b que sauce. Then a side order of breadsticks.

We got glasses and filled them. "So how do you think the rodeo will go?" He asked. "I don't know it may go one way or another. We may be on top or the very bottom." I said. "Well with how well you neck those steers we'll be most likely on top. Along with your barrel racing. I think your the cutest one out there anyway." He said getting a drink.

"Then in that case your the most handsome calf roper out there." I said. "How long have you thought that?" He asked. "How long do you think?" I asked him. "Since we met." He said. "Oh. Did I make you blush?" I could feel the heat rising on my cheeks. "Oh I did." He said. I hid my face. "Dallas." I started laughing. "Are you embarrassed that I made you blush?" He asked.

I laughed even harder. "Oh so you think this is funny." He said. I finally lifted my head. "There's those beautiful eyes. Especially with that sparkle in your eyes." I blushed once again. "Your still cute." Our pizza and breadsticks came out. We ate and continued to talk. I've never held a smile on my face this long.

After we finished we went back out to the truck. He opened the door for me while carrying our leftover pizza. Once back at the grounds we got out going into the trailer. He opened the door the both of us still smiling. "Finally you two are back. Thought you'd be back an hour ago." Brody said. "Brought you pizza." I said. "Shower and go to bed in the bedroom." Brody told me.

I gathered my clothes and went into the bathroom.

Kyson

"So you took her out to eat?" Brody asked. "Yes." "Sit." I sat down across from him. "So what exactly did you do?" He asked. "We went and ate pizza at this restaurant and talked while waiting." I answered. "Talked about what?" He asked. "The rodeo, how well we'll do, our families, the usual stuff." I told him. "I'll be sleeping in here." He said. I nodded.