Chapter:12

Dallas

I crawled into the bed. Brody made me sleep in here instead of the dining area. I turned the tv on and found something to watch. After an episode or two of heartland I was out.

Brody

Why do I have a feeling that I can't trust a guy I've known since he was born? Because he asked my sister to date him. I've got nothing against him and know he would have asked my dad before me. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is hurt Dallas. Those two have been friends longer than Jade and I. I peaked in at her seeing she was asleep with the tv on.

I turned the tv off and made sure she was asleep. Then kissed her forehead and closed the door. What I wish she knew about how much I do for her. How much I put up with to keep her safe.

Dallas

I woke up in the bedroom and got dressed in jeans and a tank top. One that doesn't show anything. I walked out of the bedroom and realized that the cereal was above the pullout couch that Ky slept on. I pulled my boots on and grabbed my phone before leaving a note saying I was going to give the horses breakfast.

Once there I gave the boys fresh water and hay before mucking the stalls out. My stomach grumbled as I finished the fourth stall. "Well good morning Dallas." Not hungry anymore. His hand touched my hip causing me to hit him with the pitchfork. "You f---ing b----. I was just saying good morning." He said. "Yeah. Then finish what you started before getting caught." I said.

I started on the fifth. As I turned to put it in the wheelbarrow I was shoved against the wall. "You better respect me. I don't care if you try to get rid of me. You will never..." He was removed from me and thrown out of the stall. Blocking the doorway was Kyson.

I could tell by his stance that he wasn't taking crap. "Oh look who it is." I watched as Darren got up from off the ground after knocking the wheelbarrow over and creating a mess. "If you continue to mess with her I will kick your a-- and make sure to include Brody to help hold you down." He told Darren. "Then if you want to fight, let's fight." Darren said. "Not here. You touch my girl again and I will hurt you." Ky said. Wait he called me his girl.

"Oh so now she's yours?" Darren asked. I was standing on the other side of the horse now. "Oh look your scaring her." Darren said. He tried to reach through the bars of the stall. I hit his fingers with the hoof pick. "Why you. F---." He realized his slip up and backed away before jogging away holding his hand. I moved from behind the horse over to him.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" He asked putting his arms around my waist. I shook my head. He pulled me to his chest then kissed my forehead. "I'll finish the stalls. Go eat breakfast sweetheart." He said. "No I wanna finish what I started." I told him. "Then I'm going to stick around and keep you company." He said letting me go.

It didn't take me long to finish the stalls. He handled the wheelbarrow out to the manure pile after we had to clean up the mess Darren caused. "Wanna piggyback ride?" He asked as we started back for the trailer. "If your willing." I said. He stopped letting me on his back. "You know your super light." He said. "Just because you've got more muscle than I do doesn't mean that I'm light." I said.

He chuckled. I kissed his cheek. "Were you trying to get some cereal this morning?" He asked. "Yeah. But you were asleep." I said. "I wouldn't mind you crawling over me to get your breakfast." He said kissing my hand. Once at the trailer he set me down slowly.

He opened the door letting me in. Brody as still out cold. Ky got the cereal I wanted down and fixed us both a bowl of the cereal. I poured the milk in the bowls while he grabbed two spoons. We then went outside him carrying the bowls. I set up the outdoor table. He set two chairs down, one on each side.

We both ate and talked until Brody came out dressed. Caught red handed eating. "Why are you two out here?" He asked. "Because it feels nice outside." I told him. "And we didn't want to wake you." Ky told him. Brody leaned against the trailer as we finished eating. I took my bowl inside and set it in the sink. Then went back out.