04

THE SOUND OF A ball hitting a bat made chase jump and he groaned, pressing his fingers to his temple

THE SOUND OF A ball hitting a bat made chase jump and he groaned, pressing his fingers to his temple. his sunglasses rested on the bridge of his nose and it still wasn't helping block out the sun. 

he rolled his eyes as matteo spoke, "if you didn't get drunk last night you wouldn't feel like shit."

"shut up." he mumbled in response. he had no recollection of the events from last night and was confused as hell when he woke up in a stranger's bed. sure, he had slept with people, but he had always left afterwards. when he realized it was tom's room he didn't know what to say, but was relieved to find out nothing had happened, as tom stated. after being dropped off at home his mom said they were all going to alec's baseball game. thankfully she hasn't realized that he was hungover and he took a shower before they had to leave.

alec's home field was located in a stadium about a half hour away from his college and only parents of the kids attended, so they had a whole stadium to themselves. angelica and anthony always sat in the second section up because they didn't like being too close while the twins, jt, and penelope liked sitting as close to the entrance of the dugout as possible. camila, brinley, sebastian, and his best friend—michael—always sat a few rows behind the younger ones to keep an eye on them while matteo and chase sat on the first base line a few sections down from the dugout. there was never a time that they all sat together at a baseball game, ever.

even though chase was hungover he had no problem checking out the guys' asses on the team. some of them he even recognized from parties, but all of them knew not to say anything to him because alec would question how they knew his sixteen year old brother. alec was not a partier and chase thought hell would freeze over if he ever saw him at one.

"was tyler as bad as you?" his brother asked and even though he couldn't see through the shades he knew chase was rolling his eyes. "didn't think so. you're a horrible drinker."

"shut up." chase repeated and watched one of the players from the other team jog to first base because of a walk. "you're like ninety-eight percent straight, right?"

matteo shook his head and turned his attention away from the boy before answering. "hundred percent."

"oh, come on, you gotta tell me that kid has a nice ass." he gestured to the player on first and matteo simply shook his head again. "whatever, he does."

matteo glanced to the other side of chase and smiled at the brunet. "hey, tom." chase's head whipped in the direction of the boy and he groaned, holding onto his head. "what're you doing here?"

"i had some things to do and since i finished them i figured i'd come to the game. how's alec doing?" tom questioned, sitting down next to chase.

"he's doing good." matteo answered before looking at chase who was still holding his head. "don't mind him; he's hungover."

"big night?" tom questioned and chase glanced over at him.

"i don't remember, to be honest." he answered truthfully and tom simply nodded. handing over a dunkin' donuts bag. "i bought donuts and don't want them anymore, so you guys can have them." matteo snatched the bag while thanking him and grabbed what donut he wanted before dropping it on chase's lap and returned his attention to the game. "here." tom handed chase a bottle of water and two advil to help his head.

"thanks." chase mumbled, downing the medicine with the water. he placed the bottle in the cup holder in front of him before fixing his glasses and looking back at the game. tom relaxed in the seat next to him and draped his arm on the back on chase's chair as he watched the game. chase found himself leaning his head back to use tom's arm as a pillow and the boy didn't say anything as he did so.

when the game ended angelica and anthony took penelope, the twins, and jt back home while the others took their time leaving. sebastian and michael headed out to meet some friends while camila and brinley said they were going out to lunch. matteo, chase, and tom remained seated until the team had cleaned out the dugout.

"thanks for coming out, man." alec smiled, giving tom a bro hug. chase walked slowly behind them as they talked and matteo placed an arm around his shoulders.

"if alec realizes you're fucked up he's gonna kill you."

his headache had gone down since tom gave him medicine, but he still felt like death. he didn't respond as they made their way to the car. chase climbed in the passenger seat and rested his head against the cold window as matteo drove them home.

× × ×

i know chapters are hella short but i don't feel like making them hella long or long at all and short chapters means i update more often so enjoy